• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Venture no Electrical power at key

YamahaHoss

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha RS Venture
2007 RS Venture ride and I turned off my sled to take a picture then went to turn the key and all I heard was a faint click. I checked the various fuses, I then took off the Air Box and check the fuse by the Starter Relay. Sure enough that single 30 Amp fuse actually was corroded off at the bottom. I then took off the white 3 wire connector going into that starter relay and sure enough that was green with corrosion, I carefully cleaned all of the corrosion in the relay on the prongs, and then put the plug back in along with the good spare fuse--and I at least got that click sound again but that was it. I then put a little grease from the ski spindle in the white connector and try it again. Now when I turned the key it clicks every time I turn it and you can hear a low dull hummm. (maybe a fuel or oil pump??) But still no power to the key. I then tried to jump the starter relay by pulling back the rubber boot on each lead into the relay and tried jumping across the Pos and Neg with a screwdriver and there were some sparks but still nothing turned over. Had to tow it to a road, and pick it up with a trailer. I ordered a new Starter Relay and Wire harness today. Any other places to look?

battery fully charged and tested good?

I then tried to jump the starter relay by pulling back the rubber boot on each lead into the relay and tried jumping across the Pos and Neg with a screwdriver and there were some sparks but still nothing turned over.

Do you mean the two large leads on the starter relay? If that's the case, then either you have a bad main ground wire connection or likely a bad starter.

x2 on the bad starter.

Back