• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Venture Pre-Studded 151 Track

Bigfish

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
15 RS Venture TF
04 RX-1 ER
Anyone know if anyone makes a pre-studded 151 track?
Really don't want to stud the existing one.

Anyone know if anyone makes a pre-studded 151 track?
Really don't want to stud the existing one.
if your going to stud your track you will probably need to get a 2ply track, they exist but need still need studding. I've looked all over myself. I've got a question for you, do you have a harmonic resonance between 30-37mph? I've got a 151 track rs venture tf with a horrible harmonic at 35mph...to me it sounds like a whoosh, whoosh, whoosh...do you have anything like this sound? Just wondering if it's just my sled or if all the ventures have this problem. Joe

All I can find is the Camoplast 151 x 2.52 single ply track. Nothing else in that length.
Yes I do get the "harmonic resonance" at approx 50 kph. I've described what I have done in the other thread. (basically speed up)

I believe someone stated that you can change the pitch to 3.00 ( and change the drivers), but so far I have not been able to find a 3.00 pitch track.

It's not the lug height that is the issue, it's the pitch!

been out riding much of the day, mostly riding in the 30-45 mph range...the resonance was not so bad today. I have changed the belt but the recent 5" snow on the trails I believe has helped deaden the harmonic sound (drone), I think I can live with it. However, plan to change out all the wheels for next season and see if that helps a bit more.
Get riding today in the Newry Maine area...got off trail, thank god I had packed a come along winch, otherwise still be trying to get the sled unstuck...it's a heavy sled. bottom line, I think allot of snow in the track helps kill the horrible sound.

I don't think a 3.0 pitch exists for a 151...but there are other manufacturers beside Camoplast that make a 151...there is a crossover track, 2 ply 1.5 lug but 2.52 pitch and that track is completely clipped, it's not every third clipped.

has anyone used the Composit 151 x 15 x 1.5" with 2 ply? just wondering if anyone had luck getting rid of the resonance with this track. Joe

Back