• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Venture TF- New, and not pleased.

Zare

Traded in my Venture Lite for a new non current venture TF.
Wanted more power and better handling..
Got that now... and
-No bloody storage capabilities at all other than the trunk. They no longer offer back rack/saddle bags ect. Very disappointed, the VL was like a pick up with that massive rack.
-Very loud track howl and vibration between 50 and 60klm..hit 61 and its sweet n quiet.
-Very loud engine growl at 5500 rpm, sounds like the muffle is not attached as its right at the engine.
-Loud clunk at slow speeds from drive gear.
These 3 issues are disappointing for a new machine, so its back at the dealer for them to look at.
My 05 RS venture has none of these issues. Does any one else have/had these issues with the Venture TF?
And what have you done for storage?
Looks like im going to have to "Gerry Rig" to get storage for this sled.

Attachments

• 20171222_151219.jpg
    20171222_151219.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 3,667
Last edited:

so you bought this sled knowing it had no cargo capacity but you want more cargo capacity and you wanted more power but drive less than 60 km/h?

so you bought this sled knowing it had no cargo capacity but you want more cargo capacity and you wanted more power but drive less than 60 km/h?
Ordered this sled after seeing one fully decked out at dealer's service bay, a 2016 model with tank bag, luggage rack and factory luggage for same rack.
Why should i think the 2017 model would not have same capabilities? Only after purchasing and having dealer order in said accessories did i find out Yamaha has discontinues ALL touring accessories for their top line touring sled. Not even a effin Tank bag...So ya..im pissed.

60klm???
-- do you ride one of these? have you not heard/felt it?
That track noise? Holy #$%&* ..ive owned a lot of sleds and have never heard-felt #$%&* like that, & some die hards on here say live with it:mad:..sound like Yamaha CS reps.

Last edited:
Ordered this sled after seeing one fully decked out at dealer's service bay, a 2016 model with tank bag, luggage rack and factory luggage for same rack.
Why should i think the 2017 model would not have same capabilities? Only after purchasing and having dealer order in said accessories did i find out Yamaha has discontinues ALL touring accessories for their top line touring sled. Not even a #$%&* tank bag...So ya..im pissed.

60klm???
That track noise? Holy #$%&* ..ive owned a lot of sleds and have never heard-felt #$%&* like that, & some die hards on here say live with it:mad:..sound like Yamaha CS reps.
Well in that case I would be pissed too! Sounds like you were misinformed.

Traded in my Venture Lite for a new non current venture TF.
Wanted more power and better handling..
Got that now... and
-No bloody storage capabilities at all other than the trunk. They no longer offer back rack/saddle bags ect. Very disappointed, the VL was like a pick up with that massive rack.
-Very loud track howl and vibration between 50 and 60klm..hit 61 and its sweet n quiet.
-Very loud engine growl at 5500 rpm, sounds like the muffle is not attached as its right at the engine.
-Loud clunk at slow speeds from drive gear.
These 3 issues are disappointing for a new machine, so its back at the dealer for them to look at.
My 05 RS venture has none of these issues. (wife's machine)

Does any one else have/had these issues with the Venture TF?
And what have you done for storage?
Looks like im going to have to "Gerry Rig" to get storage for this sled.

Never rode anything other then 07 Attaks and 2010 RSVector LTX... and the LTX is very noisey with track and engine.. My attak is so quiet and smooth... I figure it's the 4 cyl vs 3 cyl and every third window clipped vs every window and extrovert drivers on the 2010.

I have a 2014 version of that sled. It's quiet and comfy. If it makes track noise just go faster or slower. I realize that's not the answer you want but 5 mph makes a world of difference one way or the other.

This is my family and friends sled that I keep. Besides the massive trunk in it when we go on backpack rides I take my old Apex seat bag and attach it to the passenger seat of the venture. I'm sure there's a way to put it on the trunk area. I made own custom snaps and straps for it

Kind of like this. You could move it rearward for 2 up

Attachments

• Resized_20180116_140329_9498.jpeg
    Resized_20180116_140329_9498.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,334
Why should i think the 2017 model would not have same capabilities? Only after purchasing and having dealer order in said accessories did i find out Yamaha has discontinues ALL touring accessories for their top line touring sled. Not even a effin Tank bag...So ya..im pissed.

60klm???

Lack of accessorizes does not surprise me with Yamaha moving the touring sled over to the Cat line up. I am noticing accessories disappearing for the Apex/touring line as well and they built a 2018 Apex and an 2018 Venture tf. I think it is a sure sign that they are not looking at a Yamaha future other then one with Cat. I mean 2017 and 2018 Yamaha built sleds and your dropping accessories for them. I find that telling in that your clearing inventory and when its gone its gone to bad so sad! If you don't support your sleds with accessories are you discontinuing them ? hmmm!

I think tank bag from an Apex would work (Same tank) and possibly Apex saddle bags, if you knew the Yamaha part numbers for the 2016 accessories (dealer should have them) you might be able to pick them up off ebay. They have been my friend for numerous items Yamaha no longer stocks online but some dealer still has in stock and listed on ebay! The lower wings for the touring windshield are no longer in stock but I was lucky and got them from a friend on this site who took them off a sled he bought and didn't want the humongous shield! You can however still buy the shield just not the lowers! I should probably buy a shield for a spare before Yamaha no longer has them either!

The drone I think is caused by a couple things, weight of machine on wheels running over track lugs and engine harmonics. My 2011 Apex came with less wheel hanging below the slider because of position of wheels on rails gets very little to no drone (Compared to everyone else who hates how much drone they get) but one year on frozen rock hard trail, half worn sliders, it droned quite loud around 20mph to the point you could fell it in your chest next day after a few inches of snow same trail coming back in the evening no drone at all. If its that reason for your sled, then ways to fix it would only be smaller wheels and duponts. One could remove wheels from skid and test it to see if that is the problem.

The loud clunk could be the transfer rods. four stokes are so quiet you hear all kinds of things.

If its that reason for your sled, then ways to fix it would only be smaller wheels and duponts. One could remove wheels from skid and test it to see if that is the problem.

All of the above has been tried Sasq. No improvement. It's not the wheels running over the fiberglass rods in the track either.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't do your homework and now you're blaming it on Yamaha? You ASSUMED that the accessories for the 16 would be the same as the 17? This is YOUR fault....nobody elses.
2017 Venture pg1sm.jpg
2017 Yenture pg2sm.jpg

2017 Yamaha Factory accessory catalog..

Sorry we lied and we no longer stock any of that.
Wait.... we do stock the cam buckles and the sleigh hitch's..oh & that cool trunk liner..we have those..

Yeahhh-It's my fault. ..should have ordered all the accessories first ---then ordered the snowmobile to match.

Last edited:
are the mounts on 17s like they are on 16s? eBay = great idea

I think tank bag from an Apex would work (Same tank) and possibly Apex saddle bags, if you knew the Yamaha part numbers for the 2016 accessories (dealer should have them) y.
yep, found the bag from hunting for an Apex bag. Have one sourced out.
Back rack--no luck- no one has them. Need the one specific for this machine as the trunk lid folding up negates any aftermarket unit.
Often need to carry a chain saw when blazing a trail in -18klm to an off grid camp in the middle of no where. Once trail blazed and hard ,can go back and get sleigh for more gear. On my RS Venture I can remove the back seat and carry my MS260 in the empty pocket. This TF has no such provisions. Nor does it have the motorcycle style rack like the RS does, that Ive mounted a custom top case to.
20180108_123808.jpg

With these 3 bags this machine can carry a lot of gear.

Back