• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RSI three wire high power grip heaters

Srv560

Website
www.totallyyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha srv 540 mod , ski-doo mxz 700,
Hi, need some help . Dealer sold me the wrong hand warmers. Crappy directions. White is high blue is low red is ground. It said when hooking up to a two wire OEM system you have to hook up red/ blue together to make a one wire system. All the wires are good tested lighting coil and yellow/ black wire which is made just for the hand warmers, it's good but a un cirutelated circuit. Tied white to low , blue to high . Has three way switch . Doesn't get hot. Tried red/ blue together from both sides to low terminal ( which is high) and white to ground takes about 15min to start to get warm. Has anyone hooked up a three wire to a two wire system . I am stArting to give up here . Anyone have a wireing diagram. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 556
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 486

White to ground and red+blue together will give you 2.3 ohms. This is how I did my RSI's to my 02 Viper. Worked just like the factory grips.

I was told to hook up the red/ blue together add a power to it and ground it and do the same thing to the other side. And use white for low . I haven't started it up yet. I am running a 7 amp fuse to center terminal.

did you buy them from a Yamaha dealer? with a Yamaha PT#?

Cause if so, their not RSI- I found that out this year......they don't get that hot either and the grips that come in the kit wear through super easy

Yes I did . I told them the year of my sled. Called them up talk to the service department they didn't no how to hook them up to a two wire OEM system . I said you sold me the wrong ones. Give my money back or give me the right ones. PArts guy said the package is open. I said ya how do you think I am going to test them. A real jerk. A have a set of Polly heaters that slide over the bars but they are hard plastic and I have the old ones that are a brass little tube that slide into the handle bars if the RSI doesn't work out which type would you use that I mention I have ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 426
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 606
Working on my older sled that I restored. 1990 srv mod. Took the RSI off and put on a old set of Polly grip heaters thAt slide over the bars. It's two wires and they use the inside of the grip as a ground. Spent 6 hours on that and they don't heat up past 99 degrees. Two black wires go to high and black with red line goes to low and used my lighting wire for power and still no go. I have tested all the stator coils and grounds. I had enough of this. I never give up on things but this one has me. Even ran a extra ground to each grip and tied into the normal ground.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,888
Sorry but I don't know the older sleds at all. You are trying to use a 3 position switch for "off, low and high"? If so the directions for a Yamaha 2 wire install will not work.
Read on another site that white went to 12v and red and blue went to ground via the 3 position switch for high and low.
Have you ohmed the separate circuits? The lower the ohm reading the hotter the grip gets.
For example if white to blue is 6.4 ohms and white to red is 3.2 ohms the blue is low and red is high.

You could always try giving RSI a call https://rsiracing.3dcartstores.com/crm.asp?action=contactus

Back