• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RSI warmers/ good investment?

Yannie

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Nytro RTX
Anyone try using RSI hand warmers on the older nytros? Worth it?

same thing for me. Replaces my stock grip/handwarmer for rsi setup 8" diamond grip with rsi element.
I've ridden them 2 times this week and they are a lot hotter than the stock.
Stock one were always at full strentgh and not very hot.
The RSI are really hot. I can't get them higher than 2 bars at -10c.
Next thing is the durability but i'm not affraid of that.

My suggestion, GO FOR IT. Cheaper, hotter and better grip.

I used to use the Yamaheaters.....do you think they will still be needed with the RSI? I also went with the diamond grip and what a difference!

How did you hook them up? Spice wires together?

splice the stock warmer cable to keep the connector.
2 cable from the stock connector. you just have to put Red and Blue together with one wire and the white one with other wire.

There is a ton of postings on this topic. My vote, Yamaheaters all the way!! With the RSI set up you run a risk of cooking your stator.

i've done some research and never heard anybody that cook his stator with RSI warmer.
Yamaha sell them as replacement/upgrade to fix the problem.

There is a ton of postings on this topic. My vote, Yamaheaters all the way!! With the RSI set up you run a risk of cooking your stator.
No it doesn't cook the stator...4000 miles on 2 Yamahas with RSIs....very warm hands and no Yamaheaters needed. I'm sure many will tell you the yamaheaters are the way to go but I've ridden -20F and turn the RSI heaters down to half after they warm up.

I'm running RSI & yamaheaters....approx. 5000km on the setup and no issues (if you ignore the RSI diamond grip failure within 1 season...I went back to stock grips). It's hot!

the Yamaha heated grip died the second month, so it was cheaper to put the rs1 about half price of the Yamaha, as for the heat, if it is between 0 and -10 there good, lower than that, a little bit beter than the Yamaha but not very much.
I order the yamaheater with booster plug' n play kit and the thumb booster too, Rock say that there is no problem with the rs1 element.

Back