• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTS vs TLS Screw In Studs on Apex XTX

Tazmnaz

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Apex XTX
I can't seem to find any recent discussions at all on this and my searching has only led to these 2 different ones with carbide tips. I am wondering who has what experience and recommendations. I have a 2015 Apex XTX with the snow tracker semi aggressives on the stock tuner skis. Just looking for something that will help stop the sliding on ice. I mainly do trail riding, but a fair bit of lake use as well.

I don't think that type of studs work well in higher horsepower machines, they seem to spit them out. A Phazer, yes, Apex no.

What is the option to have traction on corners and stopping with the least weight and number of picks?

I would go 2 every other bar for minimum weight.

I would stud at least 2 per row or you will have problems with tearouts or bending, most stud problems are to few studs for power and it puts to much pressure on those studs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Back