• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTX or XTX

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 SDI 600
2005 380f Rev
Evening gentlemen. I'm looking at an '08 nytro rtx and a '10 nytro xtx. Both roughly 4K miles. The 08 has new relays, new starter, exhaust gasket (is this the copper doughnut fix I read about?) New front end bushings, runners and upgraded to the GYTR shocks, just needs slide apparently.
The '10 has a trail tank, high windshield, deflectors, saddle and tank bags and mirrors. Cosmetically the 10 is cleaner. I was really set on the xtx especially with the trail tank but I can save about 1500 if I buy the rtx. Would it be foolish to buy the rtx and stretch it to mimic the xtx because it already has a few front end fixes? Will I end up spending the 1500 saved on stretching the rtx? I'm in Upstate NY, trails can get beat quickly. Is the xtx really that much better in the rough stuff? Thank you in advance!!

Buy the XTX. You’ll spend the difference in parts and time converting the RTX and still have a 08. The 10 is a improved sled over the 08 chassis wise.

Stay far away from an 08 Nytro. Everything about them in the front end is wrong. Weak & ill handling.

Do any of you guys know what I'll need for NYS registration? I'm buying from a private party in Mass. NYS DMV website says a bill of sale and transferable registration signed over to me. I just want to be positive because it's a 4 hour round trip for me and my fellow NY'rs know how our DMV's can be lol thank you guys

I know when I rode NY everything was handled by the local DMV. So its just like a car. Proof of insurance,the Title and registration. Join a club its a big discount.

Back