• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RTX se 121" stretched to 144"

1nc 2000

Lifetime Member Tim
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha FX Nytro RTX SE
Looking for suspension setting for the se stretched to 144".
84069.jpeg

Last edited:

No suspension setting tips...but did you add any cross shafts between the scissors arm and rear axle? Highly recommend it as there is a lot of distance between for flex to occur.

No suspension setting tips...but did you add any cross shafts between the scissors arm and rear axle? Highly recommend it as there is a lot of distance between for flex to occur.

Thanks. I will add one.

I usually mount one on the top rear hole of the 4 rivet holes used to bolt the rail extension on. Serves as a nice pilot hole and then you know both sides will match up perfect. I have a bunch of used shafts here if you end up needing one.

I usually mount one on the top rear hole of the 4 rivet holes used to bolt the rail extension on. Serves as a nice pilot hole and then you know both sides will match up perfect. I have a bunch of used shafts here if you end up needing one.
Ok. Thanks. I have to check and see if I have a used shaft. If not I give you a call.
My relocate order just went out yesterday.

I have an 08" RTX stretched to 144" with the tipped up rail extensions. I added a cross bar from a Nytro XTX skid to tie the rail extensions together like what Travis recommended. And I have a 5" wheel mount were the extension joins the rail. This setup works great. For suspension setttings, I used the ones for my sled in the Nytro facts bookmark to start and tweaked it from there. G.B.

Attachments

• IMG-1906.JPG
    IMG-1906.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Skid sm.JPG
    Skid sm.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 78
I have an 08" RTX stretched to 144" with the tipped up rail extensions. I added a cross bar from a Nytro XTX skid to tie the rail extensions together like what Travis recommended. And I have a 5" wheel mount were the extension joins the rail. This setup works great. For suspension setttings, I used the ones for my sled in the Nytro facts bookmark to start and tweaked it from there. G.B.
Thanks!
I also added the cross shaft to the extension.
Thanks to Travis for sending me one.
He's great for this sport.

Did you do anything with the gearing or clutching for the different track?
I left my gearing the same and might have to pull some mid and tip weight out on the primary.
I plan to run it first and see what the rpm's are like.

Thanks!
I also added the cross shaft to the extension.
Thanks to Travis for sending me one.
He's great for this sport.
Yep, Travis is great to deal with and makes cool stuff. I am running his dual fan kit and skid plate on my Nytro and have bought many used parts from him. GB

Did you do anything with the gearing or clutching for the different track?
I left my gearing the same and might have to pull some mid and tip weight out on the primary.
I plan to run it first and see what the rpm's are like.
I am not sure about gearing? I bought my Nytro already stretched to 144". I did have the chain case apart when I changed the clutch side jackshaft bearings but didnt count the teeth on the gears? My clutching is stock and had Chris Schmidt just rebuild both clutches. I have put 4,500 miles on this sled since I bought it, modded, and went through it and I am super happy how it runs and handles. It should only be better with fresh rebuilt clutches after 10,500 miles on the original ones. GB

I bought this seat about 5 years ago and didn't like it due to it being too soft. Well this year I pulled the seat cover up from the back side and added a 3"foam pad cut to the size of the seat with a taper in the front and the rear.
Put it on top of the existing cushion.
Also have BOP relocate in the fwd most positions. Can't wait to see how it feels on the trails. 20,xxx plus miles on this hot rod.

85606.jpeg

I bought this seat about 5 years ago and didn't like it due to it being too soft. Well this year I pulled the seat cover up from the back side and added a 3"foam pad cut to the size of the seat with a taper in the front and the rear.
Put it on top of the existing cushion.
Also have BOP relocate in the fwd most positions. Can't wait to see how it feels on the trails. 20,xxx plus miles on this hot rod.

View attachment 169972
Looks awesome! So you just stretched it to 144" at 20,000 miles? Now you need storage on the back of the tunnel. I hand made an aluminum heat shield and with an exhaust turn out and relocated tail lamp, I am running a Skinz tunnel bag. FYI, when you relocate the tail lamp rearward, you can buy a plastic top for you tail lamp from an XTX to complete the tail lamp housing. GB

Attachments

• Tunnel bag small.JPG
    Tunnel bag small.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 83
SLP Mohawk skis, 144 tracks usa tipped up rail extensions, and Hygear dual rate spring on center shock are my upgrades this past season.
Sled really is nice to ride on the trails now.
91870.jpeg

Back