• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rumor of something coming from Yamaha Nov 19?

November 19th is the big Arctic Cat reveal for 2021. They have already released details on some 2021 models, but are claiming that they have something new and exciting to talk about on the 19th. Haven't heard anything about Yamaha, so the question is whether any of this new AC reveal will involve sleds that will end up with Yamaha logos on them?

Sure would be great to see a Yamaha among cats release in 14 days!

Sure would be great to see a Yamaha among cats release in 14 days!
In a way I feel like they have to because they are all the same sleds except for engines. If they are going to use the same chassis as the new cats why would they wait until next March? Unless they come out with their own models again but I doubt that.

I guess the question is whether Yamaha should, or will, announce this month, either at the same time as Cat, or soon thereafter? Unlike Cat, there are still a lot of 2020 Yamaha's sitting on the dealer showroom floors. At least in theory, Cat's were spring order only, so to keep interest up, it is probably a good move for them to do a 2021 release now. If they want to keep the factory busy, they have to start building them, so you might even be able to buy some 2021's after the first of the year. Yamaha announcing its 2021 lineup now could potentially cut down on sales of sleds currently in dealer stock, or at least cause them to get discounted, so I am not so sure it would be wise for Yamaha to announce now0\.

What do you think? Will they? Should they?

We would be the last to know.

It is probably a good thing if Yamaha doesn't have anything released about the time Cat does because at least there would be a chance that Yamaha is trying to separate themselves from Cat.

It is probably a good thing if Yamaha doesn't have anything released about the time Cat does because at least there would be a chance that Yamaha is trying to separate themselves from Cat.

They wont be separating themselves from cat unless cat throws them out the door.
In the big scheme of things snowmobiles are not a big sales or profit item for yamaha. Having cat build them saves yamaha a shitton in overhead.
i would be willing to bet yamaha made more money last year selling oboes then sleds

Yamaha and Cat have two agreements not one, Cat sells Yamaha the chassis and assembles it in their plant, Yamaha supplies 4stroke engines for some of Cats models, so that being said either one of the agreements could separate not affecting the other, so Yamaha could very well build their own chassis and keep selling Cat engines or vice versa.

Yamaha and Cat have two agreements not one, Cat sells Yamaha the chassis and assembles it in their plant, Yamaha supplies 4stroke engines for some of Cats models, so that being said either one of the agreements could separate not affecting the other, so Yamaha could very well build their own chassis and keep selling Cat engines or vice versa.
I am not so sure whether there are two separate agreements, or one agreement, and probably we will never know. Your point though, is well taken in that even if Yamaha decides to go its own way, they could still sell engines to Cat. Of course, if Cat kicks Yamaha out the door, Yamaha may take their engines with them.

well yammie built the most incredible engine in the world hands down..they can just turn it up if they want too at no cost...a vmax comeback would be nice,it has to be in the cards down the line...

Yamaha is one of the worlds leading engine designers/manufacturers. Through their associate with Cat they have a seat at the Textron table. Textron has many, many vehicles that do not yet have Yamaha engines in them. By having a seat at the Textron table, Yamaha has the potential to sell their engines to the other Textron vehicles and make a ton of money doing it.

Back