• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

runs fine then act like its hitting rev limmiter

04rxwarrior06

Veteran
i just cleaned the carbs on my rx1 and the thing will run fine wide open accros a field then you slow down and stop and try to go and it will only rev up to about 2 or 3 k and just keep backfireing and not rev up. sit there ide for a minute and acts like nothing happened. i dont know if its a fuel problem or that throttle override thing?

Sounds like tors is kicking in you might have to clean carbs again may have more dirt in it my womans mountain acted the same I had to clean carbs twice in one day third time I would've drained tank

i did clean it 2x just incase. i did have a needle stuck for my float the first time because i got a burr in the little brass plug with the filter. any ideas how the tors works? i feel like its that because it wont rev up and if you work the throttle all it does is shoot flames out the exhaust. and after it does that for a min it acts normal and will rip right accros the field like nothing is wrong

I don't know how it works I just know that's what it does the brass plug with filter in it don't make sense if its a plug why would need filter? But the pilot jet is brass with what looks like a filter in it if what your talking about is inside the bowls its a pilot jet and its not saposta be a plug clean it for a third time and if its dirty again drain your tank put fresh gas in it after its cleaned them turn pilot screws two turns out from seated position if tors was bad it would eather work all the time or not at all not sure which as I'm still a rookie at this but I read this fourm and do what they say did you change any thing From when you had a stuck needle

I think your TORS is activating, set the throttle cable a little bit looser and try it. You can also bypass it if you want(the but connectors) but I would advise against it, I would not want to be anywhere near this sled with it stuck at wot.

the tors was sticking at the thumb throttle. so i took the thumb throttle apart, cleaned the nylon bushings and the pin, sprayed it with sylicone spray and ran perfectly fine so that was an easy fix. thanks everyone.

Back