• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX 1 carb overflow

myrodman

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 attak
05 warrior
Cleaned carbs on a RX 1 and went to warm up sled to sync carbs After running a minute or so carbs 3and4(mag side) started leaking fuel out the pilot air jet and the jet a 6 O'clock in the mouth of the carb Took carbs off to check floats and needle and seats lowered floats a little did not fix Any Ideas? thanks

Did you happen to inspect/clean the screens under the needle seat when cleaning the carbs?

No I did not I will I will do this tomorrow I did soak the carbs in a 5 gal container of carb cleaner overnight and then blew them out with air

I did soak the carbs in a 5 gal container of carb cleaner overnight and then blew them out with air
Did you remove any of the o-rings inside the carbs before soaking? Chances are good they were already bad, but the carb cleaner will absolutely destroy them. I'd replace all 0-rings inside the float chambers. The needle and seat(s) may be working, but if the o-ring sealing the brass seat to the carb is bad, that can also cause the issue you're having. You'll have to remove the small screw and pull out the brass seat to clean the small fuel inlet screen as mentioned above. Replace the o-ring while in there.

Also, from experience; remove and inspect the pilot jets under magnification. The pilot's on the 4 cyl carb sled's have very small orifices that clog easily. If in question, just replace all 4 of them for less than $20.

WR126.jpg

Last edited:
That's exactly why I always disassemble the carbs before soaking any components; to remove o-rings and such. I also feel you get a more thorough cleaning that way. I use Napa's Carburetor and Choke cleaner that comes in a gallon can with dripping basket and that stuff is the hair-of-dog so I always avoid soaking anything rubber in it. While everything is apart is when I douse the carb body and its orifices with carb cleaning spray.

Highly recommend using S100 total cycle cleaner its a great way to clean carbs , spray it on rinse it off in the sink , its all I used for years

the float is sticking and not closing the needle valve. Thus over filling the bowls.

the float is sticking and not closing the needle valve. Thus over filling the bowls.
So far that's a yam only part , its time to replace em all

So far that's a yam only part , its time to replace em all
THIS is what our Rx1 carbs looked like full of the Ethonal crystals ,after sitting for the off season , with Starcon in the fuel, gas was flowing into the air box , and flooding the engine out ,
had 3 carbs doing it , haven't had a sled do this to me in years , I am going back to using the Lucas Brand Ethonal additive , ran that a couple years never an issue .

upload_2017-12-7_10-40-45.jpg
upload_2017-12-7_10-41-53.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-7_10-41-23.jpg
    upload_2017-12-7_10-41-23.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,224
Last edited:
THIS is what our Rx1 carbs looked like full of the Ethonal crystals ,after sitting for the off season , with Starcon in the fuel, gas was flowing into the air box , and flooding the engine out ,
had 3 carbs doing it , haven't had a sled do this to me in years , I am going back to using the Lucas Brand Ethonal additive , ran that a couple years never an issue .

View attachment 134171View attachment 134173
Thanks Guys I replaced all the O rings and needle and seats. Set the idle air screws two turns out. That fixed the overflow problem. I sync the carbs set the idle at 1500 rpm. I now have a bad off idle hesitation Never had this much problems with a rx 1 Any Ideas Thanks

Back