• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Help

Never got the sled running properly.... started working on it again yesterday still not wanting to rev past 6000 for some reason will run 10x's better on choke so i guess i was running to rich so i adjusted the mixture screw back to factory(2 turns) havent had the chance to run it since the adjustment. im almost positive that the cause is bad gas because my RageGT wont even start now, but thats a whole different story. something i found interesting when off the choke it idles under 1000 and almost dies but when i choke it, it wants to take off at about 3500-4000rpms. its running on all 4 and sounds perfect till about 5000-6000 rpms. I ran fresh gas with seafoam and AmsOil performance enhancer in it and it improved but its not the 130mph machine its suppost to be. the carbs have been cleaned a number of times but its not making much a a difference and i cleaned the fuel pumps and blew out the lines so im clueless as of right now. any and all help is appreciated

Ok now it is sounding like your pilots need to be cleaned. Siphon the old gas out put in some new hightest (no ethanol at least in Canada) ad some startron and try that. If that does not help then we will have to do the pilots. Not as bad as one might think. One more thing did you put in new plugs they can spark with no compression but when in the engine they can fail. My 05 did this with much the same symptoms as you describe so spend the money and buy some cr10ek's and try it. We want to eliminate the easier fixed possible problems first. New plugs at this point is a must and if it does not fix the problem a second set is not a bad thing.

i did some more fine tuning of the carbs and i put fresh gas in today with more of that AmsOil performance enhancer in it and it fired right up and ran like a champ still need to pick up new plugs thanks for all the help could have done it without you guys :) now its time to do the whole process over again with the RageGT.

Sorry about not replying was without internet for some time. Here's the update. The sled was running fine up until a drain screw vibrated out of the float bowl. I replaced the screw and made sure they where all tight. started it up after that and it sounds perfect until about 5200rpm and then it severly bogs down. when on the choke it will take off until about 6900-7200rpm and do the same thing.. carbs are spotless ive cleaned them countless times. Ive tried everything i can think of. any ideas?

Hello I have been reading your post and see your having some trouble getting her running right I am leaning twards your carbs again I know you have cleaned them over and over just a question are you removing all the jets and soaking them? I just did mine yesterday and could not belive how hard the jets were to get clean. I had one diffrent jet in each carb that was pluged with crap. I had to soak all three jets in a cup of break clean for a good ten minutes and carefully and lightly brush them clean and blew them out with compressed air. Take your time with the cleaning the main and pilot jets are hard to clean due to there shape and pay special attention to the mid range jet as it too is hard to clean because of its shape. I had one mid range jet that i had to clean and soak and blow out about six times untill it was right. A machine wanting to run better on choke is not getting fuel properly. I know the additves sound good but they will never be as good as cleaning properly. Good luck! let us know!

Carb vent lines plugged? The top of your carb rack black part with iwo screws that holds your spring in (can't remember the part name). There is a diaphragm in there make sure it's sealed. Beside the top of diaphragm there is a small o ring easy to lose. I believe sled well run rough if orings are missing. I'd attach a picture but I'm an a mobile right now.

Make sure you did not get your mid range jets and main jets mixed up as well. Some people have done that the mains on a stock sled are 135's.

Back