• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Problems - Engine maxes out at 54mph and ski came loose

3wing

My RX-1 just decided to max out at right around 54mph and 6000-8000 RPMs. It has good low-end, although it hesitates a bit, but with the WOT it maxes out early. Any thoughts? Spark plugs are new and nicely tan. Maybe coils? Maybe clutching? Maybe TORS (which is still enabled)? Anyone else have the same thing happen?

Also, the right ski came loose in the middle of a ride the other day - down at the bottom below the entire mount assembly. I'll post a pic here shortly.

Thanks

Mark

So after:
siphoning the gas
new spark plugs
cleaning the clutches
draining the float bowls
adding ISO heat to the gas
replaced all 4 coils

I removed the float bowls and jets entirely and cleaned them and replaced an O-ring on one of the main jets. This seems to have fixed the problem - back to 110mph... in time for some spring corn.

The ski had somehow skipped an entire notch on the spindle - removed the ski - realigned it and hoping it doesn't happen again.

Good to hear that you got her running again! Enjoy spring riding!

Looks like the RX/RS mountain section is gettting real slow(not many topics - or answers)

I guess our sleds are getting old fashion - LOL

By the way - I just love your state. I have spent some time in it - skiing and summer vacations. My parents lived three years in Co. two year in Greely and a year in Glenwood springs.

umm ok the ski thing when i was riding my ton this year i was rocketing down the trail an hit a bump an rode a wheelie an then back to the trail an as i looked back infront of me i saw my ski fly infront of me then my nose hit the sno an my sled endoed down the trail fifty feet what i have done i tightened the bolts to the spindle or else it can walk out an u are screwed on a ride when it comes out it has happened to me on both sides they just get worn after awhile then the bolts loosen an walk out
now the last thing that i have noticed is that the bolts on the a-arms are very very week so i upgraded them to a stronger bolt now the spindle wont be pointin straight up an down

remove the bolt from the spindle arm and inspect the hole for stretch or cracking. i have scraped a few of these and have seen some damaged on front ends that have no damage.
better safe than sorry.

got a whole new front end for our sleds i first had issues with my front end then my dads bulkhead an his bolts for his spindles an now he is thinkin about puttin barkbuster on the only thing is that they require new shocks thats it the kit is 850 with everything but the shocks an if u want the shocks it is somthin like 1000-1300

Back