• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx 1 racing mods

winter7

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha sidewinder, Nytro and Rx-1
what are some tips for drag racing a rx 1 in 500ft snow drags. What tips or mods should I do?

Get a turbo

:drink:

I still have my RX-1 and pretty much did everything to it outside of adding a turbo or having engine work done. Obviously, the first thing to do would be to add a clutch kit which typically includes different primary weights and spring as well as possibly a different secondary helix and spring. Can't recall which TY vendor I purchased the kit from but it's a Heavy Hitter kit; initially tried Heelclickers. I also changed gearing by going up 1 tooth on the bottom gear from a 39 to a 40 and may have also changed the top gear but can't recall if that was for when I added reverse to my black 03 RX-1 (only blue and red RX-1's came stock with reverse) or if it was a performance-minded change. I also ditched the air box and went with a K&N filter kit from ECP (no longer in business) which included different CV slide springs, 165 jets and speed rings. The speed rings were to help with airflow from the K&N filters to the mouth of the carbs. The last thing I did was add a EVAC to the K&N filters where you use the existing rubber hoses to connect back to the stock crank air box; something like this

Capture.JPG

When I did all of this work, I accomplished it via piece-meal where I purchased the individual kits and then thru trial-and-error, tune each component to work with the rest. I've since found that going with a single vendor like Ulmer Racing where you purchase everything from them, it is much easier to tune the components with their assistance. I'm sure there are other TY vendors that can provide the same assistance so hope this helps get you in the right direction.

Back