• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Racing Reports

thunder lips

Extreme
OK boys, now that most of us have had the chance to ride our awesome 4-strokers, does anybody have any racing reports. Who you beat, how bad did you beat them, stock or not, ect. :4STroke: :4STroke:

I raced my buddies new 05 F7sp and won both times.. we were on hard pack!! I felt he spun alot but didnt catch me up to 100..

My sled isnt stock... it has the ECP kit and evac and clutching!

I raced my buddys 05 F7SP with my 03 rx1 (3600Miles) not even close, even on snow and he has 1.375 track, he also has a 03 F7 the 03 is a race but the 05 isnt even close to the rx1.

DaveRX1 with .85 cat track 120 1.25 studs down the middle.

I am going to try a speed ring on the secondary this weekend, I was going 128 on spedo before I will run 4 runs without the ring and 4 with back to back, I will post results, I predict 3-4mph increase.

Raced everyone here last year..........................this year noone wants to play anymore. :yam:

Just ran my 05 Warrior against a srx700. The srx has been clutched by me, cold air kit, reeds, .92 with 144, And a few other do dads. We did a rolling start on packed snow woth some glare ice stretches in it. Rolling at 15 MPH he got a real slight jump on me, by 60 MPH I was even and by 90 I was gone. Can't wait for it to be broke in and let the Mods fly.

Man so cool!! Why do so many people think the RX1 is SO SLOW?? I am going up after the 25th with some two stroke guys that think they are going to just kill my sled!?(700SXR stock,Viper piped,04 F7,Zr600) I will let you know what goes down!

Skydog :Rockon:

My buddy has a 98 SRX 1 1/4 camo, clutched, jetted, etc...) a guy at his work told him that the RX1 is a pig out of the hole and that he would beat me except in a really long race. Well once I had about 400 miles on we lined up. I pulled him by atleast 2 sled lengths out of the hole and continue to pull him all the way. Not even close. Then my brother in law (AKA skippyskidoo) starts talking #*$&@ that him on 500 ss rev can stay with me to 70. Again blew him totally away, I guess he figured since he weighs 170 and me 225 dressed and my so called RXton (in his words) are so heavy he could hang. I have been searching the clutching posts on this site for a plug and play clutch kit, once I decide which one I will clutch it, then play some more.

You gotta love it!! These stories put a smile to my face. Yamaha built a hi performance sled in the RX and anyone that wants to play it down has to really get there facts straight. Few more races and "the others" may be singing a different tune.

ya welter and i raced. the first time welter was counting off 321 go on our communicators and he got the jump i would say about 2 sled lenghts i caught up about 1 length and thats when we let off. race two didnt happen my sled puled so hard to the left i had to let off. iam sure his sled is faster we just need a good start to make sure.

pro tc

Just got back from a day's riding in Haliburton, I was the king of the lake today with my 03 RX-1 stocker (600Miles). I have noticed the last couple of weekends that the sled is beginning to loosen up a touch.

Anyway there is a string of Rev's and Poo's and one hot F7 that got a good look at my snowflap. Unfortunatly (or fortunatly depending on how you look at it) there were no ZR900's or 1000 Rev's to be seen. I would have liked to line up against the big dogs just to see where I stack up.

Paddy

WANTED: 05 mach z

got my nitrous ready!!!!!!! :moon:

everything so far is no contest :flag: :flag:
and i like it like that!!

1/29/05 - Lake by Bear Chaser's, Northern Wisconsin.

Had the 05 RX1 with NOS.

Got everyone including the F7 that came off of the lakeshore doing 50-60 before we even left the start line. But I got him no problem.

Got beat by one sled, but it was a turbo RX1, so it wasn't too bad. 7-8 sled lengths about 1/2 mile.

Back