• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rx-1 rocket kit

pilule

as anyone ever heard of that performance kit from Fix Power sports If so please give me your comments

That rocket kit "rocks", they have gotten 190hp or more on all the kits that they were able to dyno. My buddy and myself put one in his 03-rx1 and i drove it, it's called a rocket kit for a good reason what a rush!. It's less than half the price for a turbo for us here with the exchange & shipping. I'm seriously looking into adding one onto my warrior for next year.

Its all relative. If you spend 1/2 the money you only get 1/2 the h.p. I also wouold like to see the web site.

I would hesitate to increase horsepower by only changing the pistons (the rest of the list shows nothing that would make appreciable difference to horsepower) - it must by high compression pistons. Thats destined to melt down. It is a MUCH smarter idea to turbo and use LOW compression pistons.

LB is right about the pistons and the price does not include labor which is considerable. To change pistons you have to pull the motor and split the case, because the cylinder is the top half of the case. You are talking serious time to do this. If youare going to pull the motor apart, put the low compression pistons in and get a turbo.

That kit also changes the Cam, probably a radical hi rev grind. The cam probably has a lot of overlap which lowers compression, hence a need for new pistons to get back the lost compression. Come on guy think think think, and don't knock it if you have not tried it. My self I would go the Turbo, because with a radical cam you well be spinning the motor faster, I think the motor and clutch are going fast enough now. Just my opinion, don't anybody get a feather up their but.

Who's knocking it, merely pointing out that it is not half the cost of a turbo once you factor in labor. As for think, think, think, I gave plenty of thought to it and decided on the turbo. :lol:

Gentlemen, remember I was the one that stated it was 1/2 the cost for us here in canada. The Bender turbos are the cheaper in cost at $3,895.95 in U.S.F. for the stage #1 turbo [180HP] plus $199.95 for clutching and more $ for gauges and S&H. One of the co-owners of a local Yamaha shop put a stage #2 from MC EXPRESS I belive. And had his guys mount it in the shop for him, that ended up being a $7,000.00 [CDN funds] up grade. It's nice to be able to have a choice on some other up grades other than just a turbo. Now don't get me wrong we both would love to put turbos on our sleds, but I bought my 04 warrior for $11,300.00 CDN Funds and just didn't have the extra cash for a turbo. I think sometimes you guys forget just how lucky you are to have shops like BENDER, HAUCK, HACKER, PIONEER, MAXX PERF, AAEN and MCB just to mention a few. We have absolutely no canadain based performance shops here in canada, and we pay for it when we want something. We also checked out the rocket kit before we bought it, we were told that the kit had been throughly tested and of all the kits sold no problems or returns. We now have 1400 miles on the kit and still running strong. And your right not everyone can install this kit on their own, but then again you can also say that about turbos for some people.

His o3 shorty was always faster than mine but only at top end, out of the hole or at any rolling speed and I was always 4 to 5 lenghts ahead very quickly. Of course the reason for that was he was spinning his wheels and I'd hook up immediately and was gone. Everything changed big time after the kit as we picked up a rip saw track from a out of province wreck, now he had the traction he always needed. And with the rocket kit from a dead stop he pulls the front end up and is 10 lenghts out front in about two seconds. From a roll at about 40 miles per hr side by side he's just a dot in the horizion in about 15seconds. He pulls away from me like I pull away from a stock viper. I'd love to run it against a bender stage one turbo and see how it would do, next year that kit will be in his new 05 warrior.

That sounds like the way my freinds stage one bendere pulls away from me. From about 40 in a rollon he can pull the lenghts about as fast as I can count them out, and top end about 20 more in any condition.

Back