• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Running Board Exchangers on Apex?

shawnmcgr

Pro
Just wondering if anyone has run RX-1 mtn running board heat exchangers on an Apex mtn? I've been thinking about doing this for a while. I just had a heat exchanger crack right where the stock tunnel extension makes up to the tunnel. Seems like a good time to do this mod if I'm going to do it.

I was thinking of doing this so I could then trim the running boards after the seat like the aftermarket tunnels. Decrease the drag in deep snow.

I know this would reduce my cooling, and I have already removed the radiator, and the sled is supercharged, but it's always covered in snow and it's easy to through snow on the heat exchangers to keep things cool. I guess I might have to through a temp gauge on to monitor temps a bit closer.

Anyways, anyone else done this? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Shawn

So I got a run up the mtns with this set-up and no problems. I don't have a temperature gauge, I'll add one this spring, but it didn't seem to run any hotter. Other than on the trail up which was solid ice, scratchers did little until 4-5km up the trail where it softened up. I can live with that....I had to stop to throw snow on the sliders anyways.

Amazing that I can add boost, throw away the rad and reduce the running board coolers and still no cooling issue.

I also junked the rear skid plate that partially covers the muffler in the tunnel and trimmed the cast aluminum exhaust/tunnel support piece to provide more track clearance.

Now that I know it works I can trim the running boards behind the seat...should have 10lbs off the sled by the time I'm done.

Back