• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX Seat Jack

LAJAMA

Extreme
Hello,

I am looking for a RX Seat Jack for my 2005 RX-1. I was hoping to find an used one, but wasn't sure where to look other than Criagslist and eBay which both turned up empty. I was hoping that someone could point me to where I could look to find a used RX Seat Jack.

Thank you!

Have you talked to Travis at Barn of parts Sled Salvage? Text or call him. He has had everything I have needed so far!

I checked with Travis at the Barn of Parts, but he did not have any used RX Seat Jacks. Does anyone have a lead as to where I can find the best price on a new RX seat Jack?

Thank you.

Just do the Apex seat ipgrade much nicer and now tons of seats available

Thanks for the suggestion. Just to clarify, the Apex seat would have the ability for a second person to sit on the seat all the way to the back of the seat as opposed to my current RX-1 seat that states on the seat that you are not supposed to sit on the back of the seat?

If using the Apex seat, are there aftermarket backrests that can be added to help support the second rider?

When switching seats out, I know that the electrical connectors on the wire that runs through the seats don't always match up from the seat to the sled......any suggestions as to the easiest way to address this situation?

Thank you very much for your help.

Well the wiring issue is easy you just cut the connector off the old seat and use it on the apex seat. But no none of the factory seats will work for 2 up because the 2nd rider is sitting on the muffler. There is no listings I can find for an 05 RX they just do not go back that far it may take some home grown engineering to make one fit. I would think that as long as the tunnel width is the same the rest should be easy.

Well the wiring issue is easy you just cut the connector off the old seat and use it on the apex seat. But no none of the factory seats will work for 2 up because the 2nd rider is sitting on the muffler. There is no listings I can find for an 05 RX they just do not go back that far it may take some home grown engineering to make one fit. I would think that as long as the tunnel width is the same the rest should be easy.

Thank you for the info.....but please help me if I misunderstood, but how would putting the Apex seat on my RX-1 be a nicer option to gain the ability to ride a second person instead of the RX Seat Jack especially in light of the mufflers? The RX Seat Jack would raise the second rider above the mufflers ..........I appreciate the help and I want to make sure that I am not misunderstanding your recommendations.

Thanks again.

you will not gain the ability to add a second rider with the seat upgrade it is just a nice upgrade. I put a seat jack on my 2012 XTX with WRP seat and without the WRP seat it would have fit just fine but because the seat is taller I had to make the brackets taller for the seat. it worked out perfect. as long as the width of the tunnel is that same you can get one for an 07 and up apex and make it work too. the new ones are so expensive I would look on your local craigslist or what not, and see if any pop up and measure to see if they will fit. ( even ones for poo and doo and Cat would fit)

Yes that is what I meant there is no listed option for the RX Seat but there is for later model Apexes and the tunnels are the same only the seat is different. so with that upgrade you get a better ride when solo and may be able to find a used one rather than $400 for a new one.

you will not gain the ability to add a second rider with the seat upgrade it is just a nice upgrade. I put a seat jack on my 2012 XTX with WRP seat and without the WRP seat it would have fit just fine but because the seat is taller I had to make the brackets taller for the seat. it worked out perfect. as long as the width of the tunnel is that same you can get one for an 07 and up apex and make it work too. the new ones are so expensive I would look on your local craigslist or what not, and see if any pop up and measure to see if they will fit. ( even ones for poo and doo and Cat would fit)

How did you go about making the brackets taller? Thanks.

A couple of years ago I would've sold you mine since I haven't used it in a few years, but we had a baby and we will have a use for it when she's old enough to go. I found mine on eBay. You may have better luck finding one this fall when people are selling sleds and sled parts more. Good luck finding one.

How did you go about making the brackets taller? Thanks.
I welded about 2.5 "of stainless flat stock right to the outside of the seat and added a 3/4" X 1/2" piece of hard plastic and screwed that onto the seat to make the base of the seat bracket 3/4" taller and drilled new holes for the removable thumb screws in stainless plate. Painted it all black to match the seat Jack and prevent rusting from the mild steel contaminating the stainless. made the seat 3/4 " taller and it just clears actually it is supported by the rear of the WRP seat I have to put a little pressure on the seat jack to line up the holes and Feel it is perfect .

Last edited:
Yes a apex seat jack will fit your sled, 2006 apex is pretty much same seat just taller....i aswel have been searching for used for years but they are terribly priced for what they are.... Only cheap ones I've ever seen are way out in eastern Canada on Kijiji

Back