• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX Warrior grass drag questions

Bertian185

I want to run my trail sled at our local grass drags this year, it is a 2005 warrior pretty much bone stock. Does any one have any recommendations on jetting? I live in the midwest at only about 1000ft but the drags are in october so between 60-75 degrees F ambient temp. I am also in the process of building a cooldown cart has anyone had any issues with air entering the system using one? Also I have read that the four strokes crankcase holds allot of heat because of the oil has anyone found this to be a problem? maybe an auxiliary cooler?
Any advise is appropriated Thanks everyone!

well you could always run the piping from the cool down cart around the oil tank so it sucks heat out of that as well.

well you could always run the piping from the cool down cart around the oil tank so it sucks heat out of that as well.
The motor is a dry sump design so most of the oil is in the remote oil tank. You could probably cool it down by packing a couple of bags of ice around it between rounds. I'm not so sure that you want to cool the oil down. Hot oil is thinner so less internal drag. The intake charge doesn't go through the crankcase like a 2 stroke so the oil won't contribute much to heating. It might be worthwhile to whip up some type of DIY cool can to cool the fuel which will cool the intake charge.

Back