• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx warrior issues - new to forum

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
04 warrior
Hey, new to the forum and to the 4 stroke community. Got a used warrior last season and ran great until yesterday.

Started, warmed up, idled great. Jumped in and started out to the trails. (I live about a 5 min ride down some snow packed roads and a side trail to get to the lake and main trails) just about to pull onto the side trail, let off gas and come down to idles and the beast cuts right out. Go to restart and cranks but doesn’t fire up.
Start checking around under the cowling, make sure nothing has banged loose, try it again and nothing. Call a buddy for a lift and wait.... buddy shows up about 10 mins later, try cranking and fires up and runs mint. Ride back home and as I pull towards the garage door, same thing.....
any thoughts would be appreciated

Hey, new to the forum and to the 4 stroke community. Got a used warrior last season and ran great until yesterday.

Started, warmed up, idled great. Jumped in and started out to the trails. (I live about a 5 min ride down some snow packed roads and a side trail to get to the lake and main trails) just about to pull onto the side trail, let off gas and come down to idles and the beast cuts right out. Go to restart and cranks but doesn’t fire up.
Start checking around under the cowling, make sure nothing has banged loose, try it again and nothing. Call a buddy for a lift and wait.... buddy shows up about 10 mins later, try cranking and fires up and runs mint. Ride back home and as I pull towards the garage door, same thing.....
any thoughts would be appreciated

Thats really strange, how long did it sit?

Thats really strange, how long did it sit?

How long did it sit when? After it died the first time? about 10mins. When I got back home I waited about same amount of time to be able to fire it up again and ride into the shop. Think it might be a bad float or seat allowing too much fuel into one of the carbs and flooding it at low rpm....

How long did it sit when? After it died the first time? about 10mins. When I got back home I waited about same amount of time to be able to fire it up again and ride into the shop. Think it might be a bad float or seat allowing too much fuel into one of the carbs and flooding it at low rpm....

First thing I would do is pull the carbs and clean them really good, also make sure the pilots are spotless.

First thing I would do is pull the carbs and clean them really good, also make sure the pilots are spotless.

That’s what I’m in the process of doing, just wanted to know if anyone else had this issue. I know the carbs on these are picky and from reading through the forum that I need to stay on top of them.... follow up to that, do I need to sync them after every time I pull the rack and clean?

That’s what I’m in the process of doing, just wanted to know if anyone else had this issue. I know the carbs on these are picky and from reading through the forum that I need to stay on top of them.... follow up to that, do I need to sync them after every time I pull the rack and clean?

No I usually did not have to re-sync them after cleaning.

I've never had that problem with my '04 Warrior, but it always idles very low RPM when its cold, even to the point of dying. After it's warm it idles perfectly. I'm thinking its time to clean the carbs/jets? Or is that normal? This is after the engine temp light is off and choke is off.

I've never had that problem with my '04 Warrior, but it always idles very low RPM when its cold, even to the point of dying. After it's warm it idles perfectly. I'm thinking its time to clean the carbs/jets? Or is that normal? This is after the engine temp light is off and choke is off.

Yes , I would clean the carbs.

yup, time for a carb clean.

Back