• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 121 to 151 Help (newbie)

Julz

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha rx1 2004 stock
Hi

I have a rx1 121inch and i want to change it for 151inch thats came off a Rx1 mountain.
What would i need ? i read a lot and i can figure i need new mounting bracket? What bracket sould i use?

If i want more clearance cause i think with my stock rx1 now the max i can go is 1.25inch what i have to change to go to 2inch?
The heating should i change something ?

Thanks to all still Learning hehe

Not sure on the mounting holes on new skid. will have to move brackets. I removed my tunnel protectors and installed a 151 2". Had to remove drive shaft and switched from 9 tooth front drivers to 8 tooth. Gives more clearance to throw snow out or it may choke up or even hit. Check out Muffin Works LTD for rail extension. See my RS Rage Mountain thread. Just went 136 to 151.

Not sure on the mounting holes on new skid. will have to move brackets. I removed my tunnel protectors and installed a 151 2". Had to remove drive shaft and switched from 9 tooth front drivers to 8 tooth. Gives more clearance to throw snow out or it may choke up or even hit. Check out Muffin Works LTD for rail extension. See my RS Rage Mountain thread. Just went 136 to 151.

Does all the frame are the same rx1 short/warrior / mountain?

The front tunnel looks the same in the diagrams. The tunnel extension is longer and has more brackets on it for reinforcement/mounts than the short track.

If i buy all the brakets from a rx1 mountain this should work?

Yes it should. You should put a post in the rx mountain section and ask for some mounting location reference points from the drive axle and the top of the tunnel for each mounting point.

mpi makes the lightweight rear mounting kit for it. I just installed it on my 03 rx1 and did the same swap but I went to a 163" they work awesome the instruction's will tell u exactly where to put everything. my rx1 tunnel came predrilled for center mounting for the mountain chassis. I think they cost me $130

I'm trying to do the same extend from 121 to 151. I was wondering about the mounting points? Is the rear mounting bracket located on the tunnel extension? Also I have 1 1/4 on it now and going to a 2.5 what drivers do I need?

I've got everything you need off my Rx1 mountain. I got parts left over after changing it all to a 159.

Ken...........

Hi

I have a rx1 121inch and i want to change it for 151inch thats came off a Rx1 mountain.
What would i need ? i read a lot and i can figure i need new mounting bracket? What bracket sould i use?

If i want more clearance cause i think with my stock rx1 now the max i can go is 1.25inch what i have to change to go to 2inch?
The heating should i change something ?

Thanks to all still Learning hehe
I just put a 153 skid and track 2.5 deep out of a nytro under my 2003 Rx1 I had to cut the square tube out from the top of the tunnel. Had to change the drivers to a 7 tooth driver that came out of the nytro to.

Back