• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 handlebars

Fortress

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 RX1
Anyone ever get new handle bars, get rid of those old bmx stile ones and put big riser on like the nitro setup or apex? Thinking I’d need a pivot riser,with maybe the 4-6” adjustable riser, and new handlebars without the big drop? Anyone have pictures of this and know what size the bars are?

Anyone ever get new handle bars, get rid of those old bmx stile ones and put big riser on like the nitro setup or apex? Thinking I’d need a pivot riser,with maybe the 4-6” adjustable riser, and new handlebars without the big drop? Anyone have pictures of this and know what size the bars are?
Yes I converted to newer apex hooked bars& 5 inch riser,look at my images to see pics,I used a lake effect billet riser,it’s a lot of work&alot of parts especially to get all of the wiring under hood&have it look factory,if you wanna proceed I can send some closeup pics,parts list etc

Thanks for the reply brotherdan, yup I think the effort is worth it, your bars look lite exactly where I want mine to be and that silly looking cushion pad is starting to piss me off lol. Seems that lake effect guy is closed?

Thanks for the reply brotherdan, yup I think the effort is worth it, your bars look lite exactly where I want mine to be and that silly looking cushion pad is starting to piss me off lol. Seems that lake effect guy is closed?
I will take some pics&send you a list

you have to call lake effect as he has limited inventory left.

love his stuff. have them on both my apex.

I ordered some bars from China and it’s going to take few weeks to get them to measure the rise...with lake affect did you guys have to get that powermadd pivot adapter?

no. it comes with his set up.

Thanks everyone for the help! 81F35448-AEE5-4123-A0B8-4BB3E766D174.jpeg

You're gonna love this setup. I've used his riser for over 10 years with ZERO issues. I'm 6'3" and 285 and can reef on these as hard as I like. Lol, forgot something though. I did half to replace steering stem bushings twice, but that's in 14,000+ miles. Have fun with it!

Thanks everyone for the help!View attachment 154939
Sorry for not getting back to you, haven’t been on here too much lately as I’ve been busy& trying to ride when time permits, glad to see Chris fixed you up with a great product, I put the handle bar pad on for some safety in case of hitting the bars& tends to look more finished to me with the pad but definetly to each his own, I love the height of mine& it’s tall enough that if I upgrade to a seat concepts seat it will still be perfect

He is a great guy, hopefully he’s got some more stock kicking around if anyone is looking.

got about 16000 mi on the one on the 2011. why i went to him when i bought the 2016.

Love my riser from Chris on my Apex, getting seat concepts seat over the summer to put on to finish it off.
riser.jpg

I ordered a beauty ring off eBay but need too find another for other sled,so what holds it on there ? a little bracket or plate those 2 screws go to?

Back