• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 jackshaft bearing clutch side

YammieMan

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2003 Yamaha RX1
so I'm replacing the bearing on the clutch side on my 03 rx1. As you all know its a stupid tapered bearing. Now I was told that you could convert it to a bearing with set screws. Anyone heard of this? And where can I get one? I checked my local bearing stores and just can't match up the metric size. OD is 36mm and inside is 26mm

I don't recall there being a bearing with set screws for the jackshaft bearing but in 04, Yamaha did switch to a locking collar setup to keep the tapered bearing in place. The 03 did not have this locking collar kit as I had to add it to mine.

Here are the different parts on the jackshaft for '04....

Item Part No. Descr.
----- ------- --------
#17........ 8FA-17645-10-00 COLLAR
#18........ 8FA-17642-00-00 NUT, BEARING
#19........ 90209-25012-00 WASHER
#20........ 90201-25289-00 WASHER, PLATE (T1.6)

Here is a picture of the locking collar kit (on the jackshaft) and the existing tapered sleeve. The new tapered sleeve is threaded so you can thread the locking collar that sits behind the bearing to the tapered sleeve.

LockingCollar.JPG

so I'm replacing the bearing on the clutch side on my 03 rx1. As you all know its a stupid tapered bearing. Now I was told that you could convert it to a bearing with set screws. Anyone heard of this? And where can I get one? I checked my local bearing stores and just can't match up the metric size. OD is 36mm and inside is 26mm
I don't recall there being a bearing with set screws for the jackshaft bearing but in 04, Yamaha did switch to a locking collar setup to keep the tapered bearing in place. The 03 did not have this locking collar kit as I had to add it to mine.

Here are the different parts on the jackshaft for '04....

Item Part No. Descr.
----- ------- --------
#17........ 8FA-17645-10-00 COLLAR
#18........ 8FA-17642-00-00 NUT, BEARING
#19........ 90209-25012-00 WASHER
#20........ 90201-25289-00 WASHER, PLATE (T1.6)

Here is a picture of the locking collar kit (on the jackshaft) and the existing tapered sleeve. The new tapered sleeve is threaded so you can thread the locking collar that sits behind the bearing to the tapered sleeve.

View attachment 155342
OK... that does look the same as what I had on my 03. Where do you buy your parts from.? Thanks

I purchase my Yamaha parts from Port Yamaha @Port-Parts but with you being in Canada, you may want to find a local vendor and not have to deal with shipping across the border. Another option would be to contact @hibshman25 (Travis) of Barn of Parts to see if he has the locking sleeve and collar and washers; he parts out Yamaha snowmobiles. That way, all you would need to order would be the new bearing. I do know he does ship to Canada so thought I would suggest him as a possible alternative.

Back