• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 rear suspension

crxtasee

Looking to upgrade my 2003 rx1 rear suspension. Anything out there that's bolt in ready without a lot of changes. Looked at 05 rx1 suspension. Wondering if it's better than 03. Stock or aftermarket. Any suggestions would be great.

The Monoshock would be a huge step up from the no action Pro-Action.

An aftermarket option would be an A-D Boivin Expert X. But that would be pricier than a Monoshock.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

If you want to do it right, I say m20 airwave rear, then assualt air front shocks. But this is not cheap, about 2800 dollars. Also it is not install and forget. you need to adjust air presure evey week. But it is the best ride on the trail, period. bullet proof also. I have tried them all, nothing comes close. I can give air presure settings for all 4 air shocks also, it would get you vey close to ideal.

If you want to do it right, I say m20 airwave rear, then assualt air front shocks. But this is not cheap, about 2800 dollars. Also it is not install and forget. you need to adjust air presure evey week. But it is the best ride on the trail, period. bullet proof also. I have tried them all, nothing comes close. I can give air presure settings for all 4 air shocks also, it would get you vey close to ideal.
I'm probably going to be putting in the M20 airwave booster kit soon
Looking to upgrade my 2003 rx1 rear suspension. Anything out there that's bolt in ready without a lot of changes. Looked at 05 rx1 suspension. Wondering if it's better than 03. Stock or aftermarket. Any suggestions would be great.
I don't think any skid other than the pro action is going to be plug and play into your RX1. I installed a used M10 skid in my Warrior recently and will be updating to the M20 airwave booster kit soon (since I already broke the M10). When installing a different skid my advice would be measure, check, measure again, then drill new holes in your tunnel (after you measure again). Take your time and be patient. There are other options available too like the apex mono (mentioned above) that may be easier install. Whatever you get a mounting kit would be extremely helpful.

Did you put the M20 in your apex?

The mono skid would be the easiest upgrade to do and I want to do it someday. You can get brackets from Travis at Barn of Parts to take any guess work out of the swap. He's a great guy to deal with. Its a lot less than a M-20, but it all depends on what you want to spend. Its nice to have options. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I have the apex/nytro mono shock in both my 2004 rx1, it's a great ride but doesn't solve all the problems like front part of skid

Mono is an easy install. You can use the Mono mounting brackets as they already line up with a few of the rivet holes and then you can use the bracket as a guide to drill the rest. There was no measuring other than the hole position for the R/A control. Much better ride than Pro Action.

Mono works great. Just get shock re-valved and make sure you get the one that is reinforced. If you will have to do that.

Back