• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 Rider forward kit??

RedRX1

Lifetime Member
Has anyone come up with a kit to convert the RX1 into the Nitro rider positioning. It would be nice to find an aftermarket product that included the windshield, handlebar riser/rotator, seat height kit, ect. I have an 05 that I would love to update, I can't trade this year.

well first of all u need a pivot adapter block with a block riser(or a pivot riser) and then u'll need an aftermarket windshield so when u install ur handguards, u'll be able to turn ur bars all the way. ur seat height should be the same as the 06 nytro i believe. windshield, risers, adapter, handguards should run u under $300-then u'll have the nytro look

I just figured one of the aftermarket companies would see the opportunity and make a "kit" that puts the package together.

Personally, I would prefer a windshield that works without the need for hand guards.

There is probably room for 2 kits. A Nitro upgrade and a full blown Apex style update.

Lastly, I wonder how each of these degrees of modification will effect the RX1 handling. Is the Nitro mod effective or do you need to make the bigger Apex changes to see good handling.

LB, years ago I took your approach to mods (DIY). Now the little time I have, I'd like to spend using the equipment, not testing it.

I contacted a Yamy performance shop in Western New York... They say all the Apex stuff is a easy bolt on for around $1000. A lot to spend, it looks like the home garage rework may be the way to fly.

RedRX1 said:
LB, years ago I took your approach to mods (DIY). Now the little time I have, I'd like to spend using the equipment, not testing it.

I contacted a Yamy performance shop in Western New York... They say all the Apex stuff is a easy bolt on for around $1000. A lot to spend, it looks like the home garage rework may be the way to fly.

And you still don't have fuel injection, right?

Yea, 05 RX1 with out EFI. It is fast enough to me and the 2 RX1's I've had ran good so I don't feel the need for that. If I were buying and had the option I'd go for EFI but the sled has little use and runs fine. I would like to improve the handling.

There is a sled shop in southern BC making one right now. Don't know whats in the kit, but heard new tank cover. The shop is called mountainmod. I think the web site is www.moutainmod.com Your best bet is to talk to Murray. I know Brendon is having the first one made of his sled.

Please keep us posted if you hear anything TMK50.

Thanks LB for the "n", typing is not my strong point. I know Kurt "wildchild" is making the post forward pieces, and Murray from Mountain Mod is making the new fuel cowling with the post hole moved ahead. See a couple of pics of buddy's sled here in Alberta with it on, looks like factory setup or pretty close. ;)! Kurt's website is www.ccmachines and Murray's is www.mountainmod.com

Back