• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 skid help

YamaDood

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
04 Yamaha RX1
18 Ski Doo 850 Renegade Raptor
2013 Ski Doo MXZ XRS
2011 Ski Doo 600 Arse Touring
01 Arctic Cat Z800
08 Arctic Cat 370
17 Polaris 120
02 Ski Doo 120
04 Ski Doo 120
I have a 2004 RX1 that I recently purchased and it seems I may have a 2005 skid in it according to the blown up Yamaha parts diagram. I already ordered bogie wheels and hyrax sliders for the 04, along with some misc. hardware, part numbers are different from year to year so I’m guessing the parts are going to be wrong... although I do see aftermarket sliders fit 03-05. Is anyone familiar enough with these two skids to know if the parts are interchangeable? Its likely too late to cancel my order so I’ll just order the right stuff if they’re not going to work. Thanks for any and all help!

I think your skid is 06 or newer I thought you had the mono skid with one shock and horizontal transfer rod. I don't think that came out until the 06 apex.

I think your skid is 06 or newer I thought you had the mono skid with one shock and horizontal transfer rod. I don't think that came out until the 06 apex.

I honestly don’t know what it is, but it looks like the skid shown in the parts diagram. I’m quite surprised it was changed from original, doesn’t seem to have ever been taken apart... must have been done a long time ago

it has one shock in the rear correct? if so just call it a mono shock 1 skid and don't worry to much about the year.

Yes, the rear section of the seat does have a bump up. The tunnel has a build date of 5/04. Going based off of what I know about Yamaha outboards, anything before 1/2 year mark would made it current year, anything past is considered next calendar year. So a 5/04 would be an 04, and 7/04 would be considered an 05... maybe Yamaha snowmobiles are different?

Yes they are. An 04 would have an 03 build date. I would think around June or July. The seat was lower on 04 Rx sleds. The ck suspension stayed on 136" warrior sleds. If your sled has an 04 date it is an 05.

Few easy indicators. If you have an 05:

the valve cover will be magnessium
upper front a arms will be aluminum instead of steel
rear suspension will have adjustable dial on left side of tunnel for mono shock
running boards will have diamond shaped cut out instead of circle

As for the parts you ordered the slides are the same for all rx-1. Just different lengths based on the skid
05 wheels had thinner 6005 bearing.
03-04 wheels had thicker 6205 bearing. Just some small shim washer inside the bearing between the wheel mount and the outer washer that keeps the wheel on. If you don't put washers in you will concave the outer washer as it has nothing in center to bottom out against when you tighten the bolt.

Few easy indicators. If you have an 05:

the valve cover will be magnessium
upper front a arms will be aluminum instead of steel
rear suspension will have adjustable dial on left side of tunnel for mono shock
running boards will have diamond shaped cut out instead of circle

As for the parts you ordered the slides are the same for all rx-1. Just different lengths based on the skid
05 wheels had thinner 6005 bearing.
03-04 wheels had thicker 6205 bearing. Just some small shim washer inside the bearing between the wheel mount and the outer washer that keeps the wheel on. If you don't put washers in you will concave the outer washer as it has nothing in center to bottom out against when you tighten the bolt.

Wow you know your Yamahas! It has every one of these things you mentioned so it’s an 05

I’m sorry I never posted the reply above. You guys ALL really know your Yamahas!!

Wow you know your Yamahas! It has every one of these things you mentioned so it’s an 05
You won't go wrong with BOP/Travis!
He has tons of good used parts too. Glad he's around!
Get a wrp seat (should be same pan as 05 vector, or get an apex seat and cut the tank), fox floats or gytr front shocks, 13mm heavy swaybar, curves skis, rebuilt rear shock, 1.25 ripsaw 2 track and let er rip!! LOL

Thank you fellas, I’ll certainly check it out. This morning I reordered the parts that were wrong. I had the stock shocks revalved and rebuilt by Bruce at B-Line Control, should be here by Friday so I’ll have a few parts to throw at it. That’ll likely be all that I’m doing this season other than basic maintenance.

Back