• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 Suspension for Heavy Rider

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 RX1
Hey everyone, new to both the Yamaha and sledding worlds... rented a few times and finally got talked into buying one lol. I picked up an 05 RX1 and trailer for a great price, so I have some flexibility to add to it

I'm a pretty big guy, former college offensive lineman weighing in a 6'2 and a tadder chip under 300 these days, and noticed on my first trip with my new rig that it drops A LOT and rides really low... probably on at the bottom of the spring/shock. Got under it and looks like the coil can be set to different pre-load settings, but I'm thinking I'm going to need a heavier spring. It's currently riding like an overloaded truck and I REALLY need to change something... it's plowing into corners, doesn't bite to turn in at low speeds (has new carbides, so not the problem), and bottoms out pretty ofter on the trails

Is there a "fat guy" spring I can get or what should I be looking to adjust/add

I have a Ski Doo Grand Touring rear skid in mine for riding with the wife. This is a 2 up sled so its made to handle the weight of two people. When I ride by myself I have the spring in the softest setting and when she goes with me I crank it all the way up. It works out good and it actually rides better than what it came with. Although I think your sled came with a mono rear skid and you might be able to get a big boy spring from barn of parts who's a vendor for this site. He's awesome to deal with. Good luck with getting your sled set up for you. You'll really like it once you do.

you most likely need a big boy spring and a shock revalve/service to get it to where you need it. post up in the wanted section of the cassifieds as there might be a member willing to seel you one that they no longer need.

Hey everyone, new to both the Yamaha and sledding worlds... rented a few times and finally got talked into buying one lol. I picked up an 05 RX1 and trailer for a great price, so I have some flexibility to add to it

I'm a pretty big guy, former college offensive lineman weighing in a 6'2 and a tadder chip under 300 these days, and noticed on my first trip with my new rig that it drops A LOT and rides really low... probably on at the bottom of the spring/shock. Got under it and looks like the coil can be set to different pre-load settings, but I'm thinking I'm going to need a heavier spring. It's currently riding like an overloaded truck and I REALLY need to change something... it's plowing into corners, doesn't bite to turn in at low speeds (has new carbides, so not the problem), and bottoms out pretty ofter on the trails

Is there a "fat guy" spring I can get or what should I be looking to adjust/add
Need a heavier, spring. I sent my shock to HYGEAR and re-valved. Beef up kit in suspension. Totally different machine. Ran 18,000 hard miles. No issues, other than regular maintenance.

Back