• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

S-TX riders, solo riding

STAIN

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 SIDEWINDER LTX GT
I have been looking at the sidewinder S-TX for a few years. With more and more of my riding being on bigger trails and overnight rides being more common, I was wondering how this sled goes as a solo touring machine? I know at 146 inches it cant be as quick to turn as my 129 but it must be a blast on bigger trails. The extra gas is also appealing. I would probably never use the 2 up seat, maybe once a year. The new model with power steering may hide some of the size of this beast.
Just looking for some opinions from those that have them, would you go with that model again?

I too have been thinking about picking up a 146" model allot lately as a back up to the 2017 LTX LE which is getting a little long in the tooth. I bet that model would be a killer sled to take the grandkids out for a ride!

On a side note how did that fix work for you Rich?

I have an STX-GT, I added GSE power steering to it and with the power steering you'd never know this is a heavy sled..I'm still working on getting it to track better and will be talking with a dealer tomorrow and hoping for a bit of advise...the sled doesn't steer badly or anything like that but it does seem to dart around a bit more than I'd like.
This sled is awesome on big wide trails and with power steering the smaller trails are a breeze. The storage with the 2 hard saddle bags and the rear "trunk" is fantastic.
The STX Gt is very stable, not tippy at all. When my wife is on the back I can't tell that she is even onboard..a few times I've had to reach back and be sure she's on...it should be set in the 2up position when another rider is on though.
I had a Venture TF and the STX-Gt is far superior in my opinion but the Venture is an awesome sled also. Joe

X2 on everything Joe said and I rode Joe's sled with the EPS, WoW!
FatChance - we had bunch of family and friends ice fishing, no grand-kids but the seat was pretty handy. One daughter liked jigging from the seat

Steve, rode up in Millinockett for a few days with friends..they have Arctic Cats...they loved the EPS from GSE on my sled and my friends son said the sled was a joy to ride and had soooo much power...they were impressed with the STX-Gt nimbleness with the EPS...one comment that sticks out was " you can fall asleep on that sled, it's so easy to steer"..that about says it all. Joe

I too have been thinking about picking up a 146" model allot lately as a back up to the 2017 LTX LE which is getting a little long in the tooth. I bet that model would be a killer sled to take the grandkids out for a ride!

On a side note how did that fix work for you Rich?
Rpm seem stable now. Been some weird snow around here to do some good testing, from heavy wet straight to ice.
Anyone else ride this sled?

I just noticed, the 2021 S-TX did not get the updated front end........

I just noticed, the 2021 S-TX did not get the updated front end........

.....update it in 22....and adding the EPS and Im tempted to update my 18 146” AC Crosstour. The spare fuel is the bomb and it is plenty nimble in twisty trails. Thrilled with the AC version.

I have an STX-GT, I added GSE power steering to it and with the power steering you'd never know this is a heavy sled..I'm still working on getting it to track better and will be talking with a dealer tomorrow and hoping for a bit of advise...the sled doesn't steer badly or anything like that but it does seem to dart around a bit more than I'd like.
This sled is awesome on big wide trails and with power steering the smaller trails are a breeze. The storage with the 2 hard saddle bags and the rear "trunk" is fantastic.
The STX Gt is very stable, not tippy at all. When my wife is on the back I can't tell that she is even onboard..a few times I've had to reach back and be sure she's on...it should be set in the 2up position when another rider is on though.
I had a Venture TF and the STX-Gt is far superior in my opinion but the Venture is an awesome sled also. Joe

SnowTracker's.......done.

Ps. The AC version is solo only...no rear seat.
26752D44-3112-4067-8946-8D520962E2CE.jpeg

I love the optional passenger seat on my Crosstour,just click in ,and go ‍♂️
Agree, it's a great option to have...that 2 up seat weighs a ton ad no use in carrying it around if you don't have to. Joe

My old 144” AC TZ1 turbo was that way....plug it in, snap it on. I took it off day 1 and had to locate it the day I sold the sled. Weight of that passenger seat was crazy heavy.

Makes it easier to sell to a bigger audience though and nice to have !

So is the 22 Yami 146” version having a EPS option ?

will it be an option or stock. EPS is AWESOME!!!!!

Back