• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sagging rear suspension 2008 phazer mtx

david galloway

Veteran
went riding yesterday and after about about 30 miles playing we stop for a break. i noticed the sled ws sitting low so i picked up on the rear bumper. the sled raised up but when i let go it settled down quite low. nothing looked broke. later at the end of the day it was back to the correct ride height. whats the fix?

There's no fix, that's the way it is. The MTX uses the suspension out of the short track sleds, but with longer rails to make it 144".

It's a really soft suspension, good for going over stutter bumps, but prone to bottoming easily. It trenches awful in the powder and wheelies easily.

If you want a true mountain skid, put in a Timbersled Mountain Tamer and set the skid back, it will transfer more weight to the skis and improve the approach angle

Mark

It aslo could be possible you had some snow built up in the tunnel? Like he said these rear susp. are very soft, but I know mine would sometimes return up fully up or sag a lil and that was in a shop, it just did what it wanted to...

joe

mud99 said:
There's no fix, that's the way it is. The MTX uses the suspension out of the short track sleds, but with longer rails to make it 144".

It's a really soft suspension, good for going over stutter bumps, but prone to bottoming easily. It trenches awful in the powder and wheelies easily.

If you want a true mountain skid, put in a Timbersled Mountain Tamer and set the skid back, it will transfer more weight to the skis and improve the approach angle

Mark

This is what the skid looks like. When I push down on the back of the suspension and let go there is no sag what so ever. I just got the sled so I don't how it handles.

Attachments

• new phazer apart 3.JPG
    new phazer apart 3.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 321
  • phazer fx 4.JPG
    phazer fx 4.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 387
Prozac, was the Timber sled rear already on the sled or did you install?

I put on the stiffer springs and it is much better. The sled will come back to the top of the travel on its own but I am sure it is no comparison to the Timber Sled suspension which also shaves off a bunch of weight.

It was already on the sled. If you have any questions about it I know how installed it. I can have him PM you if you want or if you want to here is his user name OVERHEATED. Let me know

prozac

Back