• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sault Ste Marie trail conditons.

YamiRage07

Veteran
was wondering what the trails were like here. and what kind of trails they have here. Going to sault ste marie next weekend and wanna ride somewhere west to stay the night then come back the next day any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks David

Well...I live here, 1/4 mile from the trail and so far, I've trailered to Raco and Newberry to avoid all of the snirt and gravel. You can also forget Kinross/Trout Lake. You will be better off heading West towards Newberry, Seney or Munising.

Last weekend, we rode out of McMillan up to Grand Marais, then from Newberry to Paradise/Pine Stump and back - trails were decent.

Besides, it's Saturday afternoon and I'm sitting at my computer which for me, is a good indication of a very bad - poor winter :(

Good luck

I was up last weekend, rode out of Newberry and headded west, the farther you go the better. We went as far as Marqette. We hit the crazt 8's on the way back, up through GM and across to Paradise, trails where real crummy imo in and out of town, stay north of 28, and ride the central and west side and you'll be fine. ;)!

Trails

Wow the long weekend had everyone and their brothers out eh..The Muni trails were ragged and up to pictured rocks, ouch. Where the h&*& were the groomers? Ten more dollars for a trail permit didnt even see one groomer, hey thanks!
The south trails were actually better like the Baldy Lake trails/41 to 7.
Hey Fergdog were you parked by the sculpture tourist trap area by Muni/GM area, just past the ski lifts a ways?
Someone had a decked out Nytro that looked pretty sweet kinda looked like your avatar.
Superior wasnt even froze so if those winds go right for a few days its lake effect time!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the information, ended up making reservations at the holiday inn in munising. hopefully the weather changes and they get more snow. i see there calling for it all week in munising.

^^

Yeah I eyeballed the weather to, looks like north winds the way those temps will fall so itll be snow as long as it holds that direction. Hope you get some fresh!! Hop on trail 8 below Muni heading west toward Gwin it was a fast/smooth ride.

Back