• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sc 10 III installed Pic

DaveRX1

Expert
Here you go

Attachments

• DSCF0492.JPG
    DSCF0492.JPG
    476.6 KB · Views: 626

Thanks, for the complement. I think that it came out pretty decent. I do not plan to do anything with the yellow ski doo wheels, I actually like to look of the yellow on the blue sled, besides I do not want to hide the fact that I had to put the competitions skid under my 03 to get it to ride decently (shame on Yamaha for using a sub standard skid for so long)

If it rides half as good as it looks, I will be one very happy customer for a totall investment of $380.

After I get some miles on, I will post the exact mounting procedure and mounting points ect ( I want to make sure everything is right, ski pressure ect)

Yeah, I hear ya there. I went to the Pioneer aftermarket shock / spring combo in the rear of my 03 shorty this Summer. That and BOSS seat should make for a decent ride. Feels much better just sitting on it in the shop. Of course we're talking $800.00 later :o| . How about painting those a-arms and hood screens yellow to match? That would look nice. Or maybe you could pull the decals off and stick on some Mach Z stickers. Think anyone would notice LaLaLa .

Well I put on 60 miles today, and I would have to say that the Sc10 III skid is a definite improvement. The trails were pretty smooth so I cant comment on how she will take the big bumps, but the little stuff just melts away. My ski pressure felt pretty darn close to perfect so I must have gotten the mounting points of the skid pretty close to perfect. I also had the track hanging loose with no rachet so far. I may pull up the limiters one hole and stiffen the torsion springs one notch.

I am now confident enough of my mounting locations to post exactly where they are. I will post installation details tomorrow.

DaveRX1 said:
Well I put on 60 miles today, and I would have to say that the Sc10 III skid is a definite improvement. The trails were pretty smooth so I cant comment on how she will take the big bumps, but the little stuff just melts away. My ski pressure felt pretty darn close to perfect so I must have gotten the mounting points of the skid pretty close to perfect. I also had the track hanging loose with no rachet so far. I may pull up the limiters one hole and stiffen the torsion springs one notch.

I am now confident enough of my mounting locations to post exactly where they are. I will post installation details tomorrow.
Looks great Dave...glad it worked out for ya....you are now a Pioneer on this board. The first guy to install the SC-10 on a RX1 that I know of. :Rockon:

I really wanted to go with the SC10III because my Doo riding friends have beat the snot out o ftheir sleds, and the skids took everything well, and handled all kinds of riding with ease. Adjustments were easy as well. But I went with the Cat skid because 1. Nobody had done a Doo skid yet; 2. the Cat skids are MUCH easier to find and cheaper to buy; 3. There is a lot more info, tuning info, and aftermarket support for the Cat skids; and 4. The Cat skid is fairly similar to the Doo skid in how it works, at least they are cloase now that I bought the coupling kit.

But I would definately consider a Doo skid still (if i had it to do over), and it sure sounds like you got a great deal on your skid.

Jim

I ,,,i have a RX1 Warrior 2004 , and i buy a sc111 suspention , do you make a draw for the hole we have to do for the instalation,,,

Thank

Warrior7.3

I have a SC10 III w/HPG racing shocks that I will be selling if anyone is intersted? Its in near perfect shape, I will post this with pics in the classifieds before I put it on Ebay. Dave
$350 plus shipping or I can help w/delivery

I now have 200 miles on this set up. This is the best improvement that I have made to this sled. SC10 III is realy nice, it may ride better than my brother in laws 136 mono RA...............IMO ridden back to back.

DaveRX1 said:

Dave, I would like for you to post these figures so that I can add it to my "options" database.

-JS

Looks good. I've recently completed the second 2003 Rx1 with an sc10 III. last year we ran one for the entire winter with excellent results. Also by adding precision skis....difference is night and day.
I'll try to post some pics of my latest mod as soon as I can figure out how.

Second SC10 III Install Complete

This is my first attempt at attaching pics.....

Attachments

• DSC00007resized.jpg
    DSC00007resized.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 646
Hey dave do you have any close ups or measurments etc how long did it take you? Did you have to make the rear brackets to mount it? I am looking at a SC10III and need some advice on mounting.

Back