• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SC APEX PCV-PTI HELP

polarcat71

Veteran
Country
USA
couple things
1. where do i put the 3bar MAP sensor that comes with the PCV-PTI (keep in mind I no nothing about what a MAP sensor is and where it is on stock motor)
2. when we originally put the MPI super charger on there was a sensor in the stock air box we just zipped tied that sensor to the delta box and left it there, is this ok? what is that sensor? and should i put it elsewhere (like in the inter-cooler?) or disconnect it

Joe

couple things
1. where do i put the 3bar MAP sensor that comes with the PCV-PTI (keep in mind I no nothing about what a MAP sensor is and where it is on stock motor)
2. when we originally put the MPI super charger on there was a sensor in the stock air box we just zipped tied that sensor to the delta box and left it there, is this ok? what is that sensor? and should i put it elsewhere (like in the inter-cooler?) or disconnect it

Joe

Air box Sensor gets Zipped tied, it reads atmospheric pressure I believe, if you dont plug it in it will throw a code. The Map Sensor goes into the inter-cooler, you will have to make a port if you don't have one.

Air box Sensor gets Zipped tied, it reads atmospheric pressure I believe, if you dont plug it in it will throw a code. The Map Sensor goes into the inter-cooler, you will have to make a port if you don't have one.
never had a map sensor on it before
anywhere in particular for the map sensor location on the inter-cooler, and why you say make a port do you mean just drill a hole?? there is a o-ring on it and its prob not a good idea if that doesn't seal completely and leaks air correct?

never had a map sensor on it before
anywhere in particular for the map sensor location on the inter-cooler, and why you say make a port do you mean just drill a hole?? there is a o-ring on it and its prob not a good idea if that doesn't seal completely and leaks air correct?

Here is how mine was mounted, same concept as yours. I had a plate welded to it so I had more meet to tap and drill.

img_1838-jpeg.144919

If the sensor is used for MAP and not temperature why couldn't it simply be remotely located and detect pressure through a hose?

I like what Mr. Sled has done and it's the ideal install but I don't see why a securely zipped tied hose to the sensor could not fulfill the MAP function.

If the sensor is used for MAP and not temperature why couldn't it simply be remotely located and detect pressure through a hose?

I like what Mr. Sled has done and it's the ideal install but I don't see why a securely zipped tied hose to the sensor could not fulfill the MAP function.

I have seen that done and heard it works as well. Kind forgot about that. Mine had to look perfect :D

the zip tied sensor is an air intake temp sensor it does not read pressure. Yes the map sensor needs to be in the inner cooler.

Back