• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Schimdt bros. Quiet trail muffler

Rerhardt

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 viper
Does anybody have any experience with this before I purchase.

Does anybody have any experience with this before I purchase.
I have one that I was about to list for sale if you are interested, one season of use! It is very well built from stainless and doesn't drone like the ggb trail can I had before. My fiance would like to ride only stock. Im in MN if you wanted to save some money.

I have one as well, like viper dean said they are very well built. Sound is louder than stock when on the flipper but not obnoxious, pretty tame when cruising. It has a great tone to it and no drone.

Dennis, i wish I knew you had that muffler when I bought those shocks!!! The same guy might want it. Price??
Did you see any increase in performance with it and what was the reason for removal?

Rich, Performance??? so hard to say, a couple of ponies is hard to tell by the seat of the pants. I took it off because I found out that I don't like sound louder than stock.....lol must be getting old. I wish the stock muffler on the Viper was as quite as the sidewinder muffler. I just enjoy listening to music in the helmet while riding and don't care about the sound of a muffler. With that being said the Scmidt bros trail muffler does have a great sound to it, my nephew has the 3" straight muffler from Schmidt Bros. and it is very loud.

his muffler split. I did weld it for him, but he may be in the market for another one.
I guess if the shift out RPM didn't go up, it wasn't making any more power.
Is it the trail quiet muffler or the stock muffler mod?

The trail quiet muffler.

Rich, Performance??? so hard to say, a couple of ponies is hard to tell by the seat of the pants. I took it off because I found out that I don't like sound louder than stock.....lol must be getting old. I wish the stock muffler on the Viper was as quite as the sidewinder muffler. I just enjoy listening to music in the helmet while riding and don't care about the sound of a muffler. With that being said the Scmidt bros trail muffler does have a great sound to it, my nephew has the 3" straight muffler from Schmidt Bros. and it is very loud.
Would you say that's its "ticket loud"??

No not the trail quiet muffler, it would pass a db test forsure.

Dennis, i wish I knew you had that muffler when I bought those shocks!!! The same guy might want it. Price??
Did you see any increase in performance with it and what was the reason for removal?
The throttle response of the engine is greatly improved by any exhaust. This is probably the nicest built option out of all the Viper ones out there. If anyone is interested in it let me know and PM me!

Oh boy, decided to keep the Schmidt bros quiet trail muffler. In fact, I ordered and received a new Straightline header. Found a power commander from Attitude Industries also. Looking to bump the ponies a little on this sled. Not sure why I'm doing all this with having a tuned sidewinder, but I just find this sled fun to ride.

Back