• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Scoop on 2015 Viper Changes

Yup. Put the AC heat exchanger back in the tunnel and get rid of radiator to reduce front end weight the 4cyl (turbo)would add and hang on!

I think the phazer engine in the procross chassis is a good idea and could compete with the 900 ace.

Obviously a Viper based mountain sled is pretty much a guarantee as CR is headed to West Yellowstone, BC, & Revy for conferences.

Also the 850cc cross plane triple will be the new motor this year in the Exciter, probably also in the procross SR chassis. Should be a great sled and seller if they keep the MSRP below 10k for the top of the line SX version; as that motor puts down 107hp in the FZ-09 bike. That is my hope anyway.

cannondale27 said:
Yup. Put the AC heat exchanger back in the tunnel and get rid of radiator to reduce front end weight the 4cyl (turbo)would add and hang on!

:Rockon:

Nytro40th said:
I think the phazer engine in the procross chassis is a good idea and could compete with the 900 ace.

Phazer turbo! in the procross chassis!

Does anyone know when the new phazer will come out?

Or what exactly is new about it?

Thanks!

stingray719 said:
cacsrx1 said:
stingray719 said:
Strong rumor is 2015 will see long tracked narrowed Viper released as the Mountain Max. That and an all new Phazer
My guess is that your right on the Mountain Max.........but I pray that your wrong.

I told my Yammy dealer if that is what the Mountain Max is I would be trading my 2014 M8 in on one. You can bet if that is what it is the horsepower will be increased.
Na or boosted Proclimb wont bring the mountain guys back, they are going to have to do something more drastic. Leftover M1100T's are priced at less than $10,000 and aren't selling.

cacsrx1 said:
stingray719 said:
cacsrx1 said:
stingray719 said:
Strong rumor is 2015 will see long tracked narrowed Viper released as the Mountain Max. That and an all new Phazer
My guess is that your right on the Mountain Max.........but I pray that your wrong.

I told my Yammy dealer if that is what the Mountain Max is I would be trading my 2014 M8 in on one. You can bet if that is what it is the horsepower will be increased.
Na or boosted Proclimb wont bring the mountain guys back, they are going to have to do something more drastic. Leftover M1100T's are priced at less than $10,000 and aren't selling.
x2

I don't expect too much. My dealer said no meetings to unveil anything, just a dealer webinar. Other than a stretched viper and factory turbo accessory kit. Doubt Yamaha will pull out on there five year agreement. Buy out may come down the road. Would make the most sense if the 600 direct injected cat motor is actually designed by Yamaha?

i herd rumors of the 1800cc supercharged wave runner motor being crammed into the procross. just kidding but hhhhmmmmm.

tator said:
i herd rumors of the 1800cc supercharged wave runner motor being crammed into the procross. just kidding but hhhhmmmmm.
I have one of them in the garage now and that would be awesome but in no way possible that engine is half the size of the procross!!!lol

Back