• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sd 26 code - 80mph limp mode

also would like to add, maybe an extended upsidedown maneuver would lead to an explosion, just like in the movies, and who wouldn't want to go out in a firey crash.... be sure to take a selfie

wait a minute, now that I think about it, why don't the oil a fuel systems have bladder cells, and a scavenge pump in the valve cover so they can run reliably upsidedown?

Update, my code is finally gone SD 26 , went to Rogers sports in Fort Kent Maine, Dan is the mechanic and did a awesome job . Took off the intercooler hoses and there was milky looking wet moisture, dried up hoses and sucked out moisture in intercooler with vac and air. He checked all the relays and sensors dried and reinstalled. Test drove code went out then came back on, hooked up to computer to check sensors all reading good but code kept flashing, he said ride like that and if it's still on come back tomorrow , I headed back to camp and 10 mins later code went out and did not come back on for rest of day so far all good. Now I was loosing top end rpms and power because my code was on down to 8200 rpms between 80 & 90. Now that the code is gone my power and rpms are back sled is awesome again. I thought I had a clutching problem, it was caused by the code flash as a safety device built into sled , I am glad I didn't mess with clutch weights. The Yamaha dealer said they have been taking out intercoolers to dry and get rid of code. They said putting sled in heated garage and then outside to ride then back in heat causes moisture. I had over 6000 miles with no problems, probably a combination of conditions, just thought everyone should know! Once again I love the rush I get when I pull the skis up at 70+ mph and get a smile on my face. I guess you could say I had a good day today! Be Safe,

error26.jpg

The Green circled items are the valve and sensor for the boost. Your tubes can get water in them from condensation and then the sensor throws a code 26. You would be surprised the amount of water in the tubes along with some blow by oil. To fix the error we took both the sensor and valve inside overnight to dry out and drained all the water out of the tubes and intercooler. In very cold weather the water freezes and plugs the sensors. Try this before spending $200 on a new sensor. It took about 15 miles for the error code to clear.

The sensor on the left has no tube connected to it. Is that correct?

Update, my code is finally gone SD 26 , went to Rogers sports in Fort Kent Maine, Dan is the mechanic and did a awesome job . Took off the intercooler hoses and there was milky looking wet moisture, dried up hoses and sucked out moisture in intercooler with vac and air. He checked all the relays and sensors dried and reinstalled. Test drove code went out then came back on, hooked up to computer to check sensors all reading good but code kept flashing, he said ride like that and if it's still on come back tomorrow , I headed back to camp and 10 mins later code went out and did not come back on for rest of day so far all good. Now I was loosing top end rpms and power because my code was on down to 8200 rpms between 80 & 90. Now that the code is gone my power and rpms are back sled is awesome again. I thought I had a clutching problem, it was caused by the code flash as a safety device built into sled , I am glad I didn't mess with clutch weights. The Yamaha dealer said they have been taking out intercoolers to dry and get rid of code. They said putting sled in heated garage and then outside to ride then back in heat causes moisture. I had over 6000 miles with no problems, probably a combination of conditions, just thought everyone should know! Once again I love the rush I get when I pull the skis up at 70+ mph and get a smile on my face. I guess you could say I had a good day today! Be Safe,
Danny Landry is the best snowmobile mechanic you will ever meet.

Back