• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sd_84. TORS error

Howitzer1978

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder
Hi All
I got Sd_84 error code at start up last week which cause the machine to barely idle and often die completely. I let it sit for an hour or so and it fired up with no code showing and ran great?!?!?
Took it to my local dealer to have it looked at. They said they adjusted the throttle linkege and found it to be fine. I brought it home fired it up and rode away (after low temp warning faded out of course) while running at 10-20kph the code showed again and I had to stop cause it basically makes the engine bog. I sad for maybe 3-5 seconds and idled and I was able to carry on without issue.
It would happen again every now and again while coming to a stop but never while riding normally or aggressive.
Just seems to be happening at vary low speeds or approaching a stop randomly.
It there way I can remedy this myself? I heading for a long run in Cochrane next week.... will this damage the machine?? I may have the complete the trip with this random error since he dealers are now closed.

Hi All
I got Sd_84 error code at start up last week which cause the machine to barely idle and often die completely. I let it sit for an hour or so and it fired up with no code showing and ran great?!?!?
Took it to my local dealer to have it looked at. They said they adjusted the throttle linkege and found it to be fine. I brought it home fired it up and rode away (after low temp warning faded out of course) while running at 10-20kph the code showed again and I had to stop cause it basically makes the engine bog. I sad for maybe 3-5 seconds and idled and I was able to carry on without issue.
It would happen again every now and again while coming to a stop but never while riding normally or aggressive.
Just seems to be happening at vary low speeds or approaching a stop randomly.
It there way I can remedy this myself? I heading for a long run in Cochrane next week.... will this damage the machine?? I may have the complete the trip with this random error since he dealers are now closed.
The exact same thing happened to me. After coming off an apex this code would indicate it was a binding of a throttle cable. However, after adjusting the cable it still gave me the same code. They determined it was the tps sensor. They took one off the floor model and installed it and now it is 100%.

Troy adjusting your self, there needs to be play at the throttle lever, at least 2-3mm. WITH THE ENGINE OFF, it's like adjusting the brake cable on a bicycle, located at the handlebar riser is the throttle cable at one point there's a rubber boot covering the adjuster losses the jam nut and adjust (pay attention to throttle lever) you want it to create a space (at least 2mm) between the throttle and throttle block. Start the machiene with the brake on and turn the bars full lock to lock, if no code appears should be good.

Most of the cables on the sidewinders are to tight or not enough free play when coming out of the crate. It is will cause error codes and possible cable breaking. I like to adjust so it's right at full open throttle when the lever it touching the bar. If not your always pulling on the cable and will stretch or even snap the cable.

I have also had this code come in luckily second time that it stayed it was in trailer I always ride with teather has anyone bypassed tors yet? This will be done on mine yes I put a riser on and freeplay seems fine was loaded with snow when it happened but I'm not getting stuck in back country because of this sensor.

Ttt I know someone has done it on viper I'm guessing it's similar is it plug and play behind throttle?

The exact same thing happened to me. After coming off an apex this code would indicate it was a binding of a throttle cable. However, after adjusting the cable it still gave me the same code. They determined it was the tps sensor. They took one off the floor model and installed it and now it is 100%.

Just had this occur 100 miles out in the bush. Fortunately i was able to keep slight tension on throttle which solved the issue but for approaching a tight corner which was tricky. Did the sensor change solve problem or is it an adjustment issue.Happened just after hammering pretty hard.

Never had issue an Apexes.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Do tps issues come up when you flash?

All diagnostics are normal. Compared to new sled at dealer.

Seems it was defective TORS switch. Another one of the differences between AC and Yamaha quality control I guess.

e55c4578ff5be0da7cb5c5448ab07946.jpg

Just want to update this for anyone that wants to bypass tors. You have to take throttle assemble apart 4torx screws you then need to take throttle pin apart(carefull small bushing and retainer clip very easy to lose). You then have access to the picture I uploaded the switch on top right is the tors follow the wires back there is another cover with a single screw t7 torx very small you then have access to unplug switch good to go. I always wear a teather an will not have a faulty iced up switch not let me out of alpine have fun sledding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back