• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seafoam for storage gas stabilzer

APEXMTSEO7

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
09 Apex MTX
Can anyone comment on results using Seafoam for fuel stabilizer for sumner storage?

Ive used Seafoam as stabilizer for the last 10yrs. But that doesn't make it right.

Motorcycle, cars, snowmobiles, etc.

I too have used for many years, never had any issues in anything I stored with it. Works great!

I use seafoam for a lot of things, but Startron is what I have found to be the best stabilizer so far. My local boat place that store hundreds of boats swears by it.

Ive used It for years as more of a cleaner than stabilizer , but I've used as such with great results .. I never leave alot of fuel in the sled anyway .. maybe a gallon and I over concentrate (recommend dose) by about 3x with sea foam .. and I run that on start up before I put more fresh gas threw it , seafoam is hands down best gas additive around , many people I know use it all with same results

upload_2018-4-25_13-19-1.jpeg
I like this product better for storage. Home depot , Walmart , and Lowes carries it . Mechanic in a bottle , from the same company is great also. I do run Seafoam during the summer months, but not so much for long storage.

I siphon out the reg gas and put in about 3 or 4 gals of 91 non ethonol gas.. run it for a while.. no worries this way. The fuel is good for at least a few years.

I have used sea foam for years with Ethanol and non ethanol fuels and it has always resulted in a motor that starts the next season and runs great.
Sleds, cars, trucks boats, weed whackers, Stihl chain saws, blowers etc. all work great year after year. One time chain saw was two years never missed a beat.

always fill my tanks on the sleds with fresh 91 and put seafoam in them all. i run mine every month up to temp and spin the tracks and have had no issues with any of them. even did a carb clean one year for no reason as they came off really clean storing them this way.

always fill my tanks on the sleds with fresh 91 and put seafoam in them all. i run mine every month up to temp and spin the tracks and have had no issues with any of them. even did a carb clean one year for no reason as they came off really clean storing them this way.
X2 ... Always fired them up and bring up to temp every month or so in the off season to burn out any moisture, also keeps any seals wet and keeps fluid circulated

I put nothing in my gas for storage but I do fire them up every 1-2 months and let them run till fully up to temp all heat exchangers hot to the touch. never had a problem yet. the bikes I put jut plain Stabil in them as I don't like to start them in sub-freezing temps never a problem with them either. any thing with fuel injection I cycle the fuel pump a few times with the key to ensure the gas going through the injectors is the best available in the system before starting after sitting.

Use it for everything. Never had a problem on 30+ years of storing stuff.

I use seafoam along with non-ethanol gas in my sleds over the summer and I've never had any probs. I swear by it and use it on everything. I personally had had Startron fail in my pressure washer and have had marine grade Stabil fail in my generator.

Back