• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Season 2012/2013 Revster

revster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro RTX SE
2012 - 2013 Mileage log. Starting mileage 5189 miles.

12start.jpg

Date: Nov 11, 2012
Miles: 6.7

Season total: 6.7

After taking in the remembrance day ceremony the kids and I decided to take advantage of the snow storm we had the night before.

My youngest going for her first snowmobile ride

10Mary.jpg

and the two of them getting pulled behind.

11pullgirls.jpg

I pulled them till they were wet and cold, then I was able to sneak off for a quick shake down ride. Everything seems to be working well, even thought the sled really isn't ready for the season.

I took the day off work to get the Xmas lights up and go for a sled ride. But the light is flat and it's snowing pretty hard right now. I'm old enough to make the smart play and sit this one out. Bad time to ride solo especially early in the year when the skills are dusty and the coverage is then. :o|

But we have rideable snow!! :Rockon: Just need to find time to ride it. :o|

revster said:

Date: Nov 11, 2012
Miles: 6.7

Season total: 6.7

After taking in the remembrance day ceremony the kids and I decided to take advantage of the snow storm we had the night before.

My youngest going for her first snowmobile ride

10Mary.jpg

11pullgirls.jpg

I pulled them till they were wet and cold, then I was able to sneak off for a quick shake down ride. Everything seems to be working well, even thought the sled really isn't ready for the season.
Great pics!
They bring back some memories ;)!

revster said:
I took the day off work to get the Xmas lights up and go for a sled ride. But the light is flat and it's snowing pretty hard right now. I'm old enough to make the smart play and sit this one out. Bad time to ride solo especially early in the year when the skills are dusty and the coverage is then. :o|

But we have rideable snow!! :Rockon: Just need to find time to ride it. :o|

I actually went for a little rip that day..... Season total is 13.2 miles. NEED SOME SNOW SOON!!! :drink:

Date: Dec 12, 2012
Miles: 15.5

Season total 28.7 (No "real" rides yet)

We got some more fresh snow so I had a chance to get out for an hour. I used the time to see how the sled was running and play with the GoPro a bit. Sled is running really well except I'm hitting 9350 RPM, which is higher then I was last season. I may have to add some weight.

I tried using the picture mode on the GoPro which I have not used much. I thought I had it on the mode that snaps a picture every few seconds however when I downloaded all I had was a picture of the dumbass pushing the start button. But I did manage to get some cool video.

15dumbass.jpg

Date: Dec 24, 2012
Miles: 40.2

Season total: 67.9

Trails are groomed here! ....and they are in great condition. I rode out to meet a buddy but his sled was not running well. So I just rode home with him to make sure he made it then headed home to spend time with the kids. The kids wanted to go for a ride but it was just too cold from them. -22*C (-35*C w/ windchill).

I didn't take any pics but did shoot some more footage with the GoPro.

Date: Dec 30, 2012
Miles: 47.8

Season total: 115.7

I was solo again can't seem to line a day up with any of the guys, so I went for a rip down the trail and river. I also found out that yamaposer one of my riding buddies sold his Nytro.

16river_zpsaf7c0e6f.jpg

When I got back the girls wanted me to pull them around.

17girls_zps16430ea5.jpg

Date: Jan 1, 2013
Miles: 76

Season total: 191.7

Short New Years Day ride. I rode in with the fuel light on. 76 miles on a tank kind of sucks.

Date: Jan 4, 2013
Miles: 86

Season total: 277.7

Another short rip around the area I live with some polaris dudes.

Polaris dudes..

18bradndarrel_zps87ff9499.jpg

This sled has never blown a belt then I blew 2 within 20 miles of each other. Just the top came off. I limped her about 3 miles to the next town and my wife dropped me off 2 more belts.

19blownbelt_zps9901fc0b.jpg

Polaris guys have to wait while the Yamaha guy does a belt swap...

20nytrodown_zpsf9b2c8c4.jpg

Then to top is all off my track seems to be nearing the end of it's life...

21track_zps338f5f12.jpg

The sled is now loaded in the back of the truck for the first real full day ride.....if my track is able to maintain a complete circle. :o|

Date: Jan 6, 2013
Miles: 178

Season Total: 455.7

First full day ride of the season. We rode some great trails that were smooth with good snow, and we also rode some trails that had never been groomed and I thought I was going to break something for sure. It was a real mix of conditions.

And of course when the Ski-doo had it's hood open I snapped a pic. But actually he just lost the top off an old belt, it actually looked just like mine above.

22withcal_zps3ba23a3c.jpg

Parking lot at our lunch stop...

23lunch_zpsd7f28e51.jpg

A quick break near the end of the day...

24shack_zps29bdfa3d.jpg

Our 9th Annual 3 day trip. We have had as many as 20 sleds on this trip. This season.....3.

Day 1
Date: Feb 6, 2013
Miles: 225

Started of pretty cold and windy with flat light. But lots of snow. Just me and two lifelong cat riders.

Rus...
34rus_zps5607d148.jpg

and Lorne...
33lorne_zps48ee6ec0.jpg

Once we got into the bush things were great! Trails were awesome. But things took a turn when Lorne struck a rock and bent up is front A-arms. But he managed to pilot the old ZR another 80+ miles is Wesk Hawk Lake in the Whiteshell.

Gotta fit in a Nytro shot...
26nytro_zpsf64353b2.jpg

Day 2
Date: Feb 7, 2013
Miles: 102

Lorne was left at the cabin to install some old A-arms they had from a sled that burnt. (You gotta love cat guys). While Rus and I headed out for a rip around the Whiteshell.

Trails were awesome!

27trail_zps00d6d72a.jpg

29trail_zps293da8f4.jpg

30trail_zpsaafdef9d.jpg

But it was maybe too nice of a day. I was riding pretty casual keeping all the way right. I got caught looking around on a corner and my right ski went off the side of the trail, off the hard packed and into the powder. The track followed and I was on collision course with a big tree on the edge of the trail. I Grabbed the binders however although I was going pretty slow it was downhill and there was no stopping.

31oops_zpsfa0a267a.jpg

My Skinz bumper took most the hit and the A-arms are bent however the shock was not damaged at all and the skis were still perfectly aligned. I credit my grizz tracks braces with saving my subframe. This is the first tree I've hit that didn't move.

32damage_zps1db60582.jpg

Day 3
Date: Feb 8, 2013
Miles: 141

Trip total: 468 miles

Season total to date: 923.7 Miles

We all had commitments in the evening so we took a more direct route home. Despite the damage to my sled the handling was not effected at all.

36wayhome_zpsea627cbc.jpg

Unfortunately during this trip my Hindle exhaust collector blew out. I had to ride the entire way home with it like this and my ears were ringing for 24 hours after. The sled did not seem to be running that well either, my powerband was messed up and it was back firing. I am taking the Nytro out of service till I get it fixed.

25hindlehole_zpsc7413285.jpg

Back