• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

(Season 2013-14) TY Mileage – Yellowknife

My Nytros and Viper are heavier on chaincase side. To account for the diving on the right side you can increase the shock pressure on the right ski and fixes the problem.

The bogging in deep snow can be fixed with an exhaust deflector.

loudelectronics said:
My Nytros and Viper are heavier on chaincase side. To account for the diving on the right side you can increase the shock pressure on the right ski and fixes the problem.

I also set my 2 Rages at approx. 1 1/2 on one and 2 turns on the other ( for me 2 sleds the same have never acted the very same ) to balance slide wear. They now wear equal on both sides.

slimjim2525 said:
What happened to all the dudes you rode with in previous years, like the guy with the bearcat?

Greg's still around, he'll be in some upcoming Episodes, same with Nate and Andrew - most of them have not been riding because of the extreme cold this year.

loudelectronics said:

The bogging in deep snow can be fixed with an exhaust deflector.

Will do that stuff over the summer for next year if I still have it by then (likely will)

Here's the next episode - man I have a lot of footage this year (and as of today, April 25th, I'm still riding)

2014 Snowmobile Season: Episode Fourteen HD (720p)

Video Description: More primer testing on the Viper just before things go wrong with it yet again, video from a snowmobile club ride, the wind damages a part of the Viper, talking about the ride and yet another failure with the Viper, more primer testing on the Viper, at the dealer with the mechanic troubleshooting the latest issue, more primer testing, riding out to Hearne Lake Lodge, taking a look at the snow ingestion issues, breaking more trails into mine sites, discovering another issue with the Vipers oil system, breaking more trail, footage of an old Ski-doo, looking at the results of snow ingestion & more starting issues with the Viper, this time with a warm engine.

Cheers,

YK

Great video! Seems like the primer works when cold. My afr gauge indicates they are rich flooded when they won't start warm. Love the ending of the last vid!

Maybe time for a Polaris?

Your a patient man unless Yamaha gave me a sled or sponsored me I would not accept that crap.

YF

Totally got a kick out of the last episode! With that said, its clear that the viper is not a true YAMAHA!! Probably really sucks to get a new machine and _____ around so much, sometimes looks and new tech arent for the better! Looking forward to the next!

Super vid.......... "AGAIN" Sounds like you are gaining some ground with the cold starting issue at least... Your riding buddy is a hoot to watch fall over.. Reminds me of the guy on the trike on laugh in falling. Looking forward to all the other episodes when they are posted.... Again good luck with the viper.. MM. :jump:

Unfortunately I don't think the decals are an AC issue, I had the decals on my vector ltx come off the lower panels this winter. My dealer said they've had a couple issues with them not sticking

sgilbert said:
my god, your buddy rolls over every ten minutes. then he just lays there and waits for someone to pick him up. I think I would eventually leave him there
I was thinking the same thing!

That roll over issue is friggin stupid. Seems like the cold start/prime thing could just be giver er throttle. New mapping must be in the works. A lot of these things are kinda niggling but damn if you buy one you need to be trained like a factory service rep to know that fix or be prepared for before you hit the trail. Looks like a blast carving around tho.

I really enjoy these vids Yellowknife....very funny too!

You guys run in some seriously cold temps, I for one would be trying something new after all these issues.

Subbed to your YouTb channel.

Dan

Great video! Seems like the primer works when cold. My afr gauge indicates they are rich flooded when they won't start warm. Love the ending of the last vid!

Maybe time for a Polaris?

Your a patient man unless Yamaha gave me a sled or sponsored me I would not accept that crap.

More Primer testing on the video below...

It is time for a Polaris, but I don't have the $$. I almost pulled the trigger on a spring order, almost. Yamaha 'helped' me out with my troubles, i'll leave it at that.

YF

Totally got a kick out of the last episode! With that said, its clear that the viper is not a true YAMAHA!! Probably really sucks to get a new machine and _____ around so much, sometimes looks and new tech arent for the better! Looking forward to the next!

You're right, the product is not a true Yamaha, it fails the reliability test for me, but in most of the warmer climates it is a success, and that's how Yamaha see's it. The cold weather riders like me are an extremely small percentage.

Unfortunately I don't think the decals are an AC issue, I had the decals on my vector ltx come off the lower panels this winter. My dealer said they've had a couple issues with them not sticking

Yeah, I hear it is happening on the quads as well...

I see you have a rollover valve on the nytro , why not on the viper ?

I do have one on the Viper now... footage to come...

I was thinking the same thing!

That roll over issue is friggin stupid. Seems like the cold start/prime thing could just be giver er throttle. New mapping must be in the works. A lot of these things are kinda niggling but damn if you buy one you need to be trained like a factory service rep to know that fix or be prepared for before you hit the trail. Looks like a blast carving around tho.

Yeah the mapping is in the hands of Arctic Cat...

I really enjoy these vids Yellowknife....very funny too!

You guys run in some seriously cold temps, I for one would be trying something new after all these issues.

Subbed to your YouTb channel.

Dan

Glad you enjoy it!!

my god, your buddy rolls over every ten minutes. then he just lays there and waits for someone to pick him up. I think I would eventually leave him there

This is his first year snowmobiling. He's coming along well. He waits for me to come back so I can show him how to get unstuck, that and these sleds are heavy, why strain yourself? He's learning. I can't imagine trying to learn in our conditions without having grown up in the sport...

Anyway, next vid is up!

2014 Snowmobile Season: Episode Fifteen HD (720p)

http://youtu.be/9y_UKH_G0Ds

Video Description: More cold weather testing using the Primer on the Viper, generator problems with my Yamaha 1000, a day in the life of breaking trail, with helmet camera footage over a 5 hour span through typical Yellowknife terrain, arrival at Ruth Mine site, more cold weather testing on the Viper, this time (for the first time) using the battery blanket, battery charger and the coolant heater without touching the primer, and comparing the cold start of the Viper to the Nytro XTX

Cheers,

YK

Dude !!!! you guys are "NUTS" :brrr: Riding the lake looks great, but going in the trees I'd have to pass...At least you are making progress on the starting issue..Fun vid, thanks. MM.

Tree riding is awesome with the right sled, and the Nytro is not it. The side to side randomly tipping over wouldn't last very long with me, it would be somebody elses problem.

Back