• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

seat is to low help

steve barber

Extreme
Hi all, new to this site, lots of good info. here. just got a 2011 se 1st. time yamaha owner. love the sled still working to set up for trail riding, such as dullies on skis, more strap up one hole will try two holes and so on. i would like to get seat up 2 to 3 inches more some days rides go on for 200 to 300 miles, knees hurt only thing i see is the boss seat has anyone put one on a 2011 se. thanks guys, any other help would be nice. i got yhe sled a month ago an have 800 miles on .love this sled. last sled was a 2010 dragon 8oo. that is all i will say about that Thanks Guys

I doubt anyone makes a replacement seat for the 2011 Apex. Boss made ones for the 06 - 2010's both with stock exhaust and under tunnel exhaust. I have no idea if one of those would fit a 2011, but I have reservations if it would (kinda doubt it from seeing/ riding a few of them -- the seat is pretty different). But they discontinued making those seats 2 + years ago.

Mountain Mod is another option. Made a great seat for the 06 - 2010's. But they too discontinued making them a few years back and Murray there told me he's not going to make anymore. Again -- there may be fitament issues for your 2011 Apex. Kinda doubt one would fit. But you could browse the classifieds here on TY and Snowest -- that's where you'll find used seats.

I'm thinking your best bet is to take your seat to a reputable upholsterer and have taller and/ or more firm foam installed. Yamaha likes to build seats with really cushy foam that riders sink into way too much. I think you'd find even firming your seat up would make you sit 2" taller at least, by simply adding a firmer grade of foam.

Super Sled said:
I doubt anyone makes a replacement seat for the 2011 Apex. Boss made ones for the 06 - 2010's both with stock exhaust and under tunnel exhaust. I have no idea if one of those would fit a 2011, but I have reservations if it would (kinda doubt it from seeing/ riding a few of them -- the seat is pretty different). But they discontinued making those seats 2 + years ago.

Mountain Mod is another option. Made a great seat for the 06 - 2010's. But they too discontinued making them a few years back and Murray there told me he's not going to make anymore. Again -- there may be fitament issues for your 2011 Apex. Kinda doubt one would fit. But you could browse the classifieds here on TY and Snowest -- that's where you'll find used seats.

I'm thinking your best bet is to take your seat to a reputable upholsterer and have taller and/ or more firm foam installed. Yamaha likes to build seats with really cushy foam that riders sink into way too much. I think you'd find even firming your seat up would make you sit 2" taller at least, by simply adding a firmer grade of foam.

X2 my MTX has a firmer foam and it makes up for the low setting.

I think the firmer/higher foam should be the first try as I'm 99% sure the Boss seat wouldn't fit, not speaking from experience tho, just the fact the 2011 has a huge aluminum box on top of the muffler, so much for our larger trunk they promised. See the attached photo. Great choice of sled and enjoy!

Attachments

• 100_8325.JPG
    100_8325.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 94
You may want to try these guys:
http://www.skinzprotectivegear.com/home.html

I met a guy on the trail w/ a Nytro that was recovered by these guys. Said that when they recover it, it is a "stickier" material, and sets about an inch or so higher. Maybe than can do something on your 2011.

2011 seats are already a couple inches higher than 2006-2010, so I don,t think older stuff would be of benefit anyway.

Back