• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

seat removal? how does it come off? help !

NB-NYTRO

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I need to change the steering bushing down by the gas tank. So I need to remove the seat and gas tank. Anyone know how to remove the seat on an Apex?

take off all the plastic at the back of the seet around the tail light, then you will see 2 J bolts that hold the back of the seat down, pull them and all you have to do is unplug the tail light by the right side of the gas tank

I only saw two screws on the black plastic peice.. and there are two rivets on the bottom of the trim peice down by the tail pipes. Am I supposed to remove the rivets as well? Anyone have any idea? unless for some reason the dealer decide to put rivets in there instead of bolts?

Take the exhaust tips off first, then the two screws in the trim piece. Pull it from the bottom to remove, it snaps into the exhaust covers on the side. Then you will see the two J bolts in the back. Take the nuts off these, lift the back of the seat and slid it back until you feel resistance, you should then be able to unplug the tail light wires up by the right side of the fuel tank.

Pretty cool the way all that trim is engineered to snap together. Since you'll have the parts off in the way. You might as well take the bumper out and paint or powder coat it.

power coating the rear bumper is in the works as well.

I had to put everything back together to get it certfied at Canada Tire for Transport Canada this week.

if you buy a sled in the us and bring it into canada you have to take it to canadian tire to have it inspected for safety equipment. which basicly means you load up the sled, take it to canadian tire, start the sled, shut it off with the kill switch, and show them it has reflecters. had to do this with my dads rage

Back