• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Second Sled

snowcaine

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
20 Sidewinder
21 ZR 9000
23 SRX
If you didn’t want a second Winder or a ZR9000, what would you get that is comparable? I like the ‘21 ZR9000, but the color scheme sucks. Don’t particularly want a ‘21 Winder. Some of the colors are nice, but just not for me. But, I want a second sled that I can tune and beat on like my SW.

Was looking at a 900T XRS Renegade. I like the 900T triple. Have one tuned with Evo in my Can Am and it takes a beating. Saw some members on here switched to a 900T Doo too. Any problems with this sled? What’s the Doo throttle problem about? Anyone like any Poo offerings? Thanks.

If you didn’t want a second Winder or a ZR9000, what would you get that is comparable? I like the ‘21 ZR9000, but the color scheme sucks. Don’t particularly want a ‘21 Winder. Some of the colors are nice, but just not for me. But, I want a second sled that I can tune and beat on like my SW.

Was looking at a 900T XRS Renegade. I like the 900T triple. Have one tuned with Evo in my Can Am and it takes a beating. Saw some members on here switched to a 900T Doo too. Any problems with this sled? What’s the Doo throttle problem about? Anyone like any Poo offerings? Thanks.
I've worked on several 900t (flashed a bunch, did gear changes, track changes, maintenance installed clutch kits....) and I have to say they are well built! Alll the ones I played with have been flawless and reliable. Around 220hp is max with bigger injector!

Last edited:
I have been looking at buying a second sled. Something to ride at home on the twisty trails. I have kept my search's to 2014 and up Arctic Cat 129 inch 600 or 800 twin two stroke sleds. Truthfully looking for one I can steal. You can get 800 XF's all day for short money but the 129's are harder to find.
I would entertain a Ski-Doo 600 if I could get one super cheap. The 800 Ski-Doo seems like a grenade waiting to go off at @3000 miles......
I don't know if I could ever buy a Polaris. I just don't like anything, wheeler's, SxS's, sleds, they build. They all seem like cheap junk.

I've worked on several 900t (flashed a bunch, did gear changes, track changes, maintenance installed clutch kits....) and I have to say they are well built! Alll the ones I played with have been flawless and reliable. Around 220hp is max with bigger injector!

Marc, have you been able to put one through the paces? You know some corner-to-corner snaps and some WOT runs?

I have been looking at buying a second sled. Something to ride at home on the twisty trails. I have kept my search's to 2014 and up Arctic Cat 129 inch 600 or 800 twin two stroke sleds. Truthfully looking for one I can steal. You can get 800 XF's all day for short money but the 129's are harder to find.
I would entertain a Ski-Doo 600 if I could get one super cheap. The 800 Ski-Doo seems like a grenade waiting to go off at @3000 miles......
I don't know if I could ever buy a Polaris. I just don't like anything, wheeler's, SxS's, sleds, they build. They all seem like cheap junk.

Lol yeah I had to stop bashing Poo's so hard when I sheared my primary bolt off and had to be towed by my friend's 600 Switchback. What is it about those 600/800 twins that you like? My sled before my SW was a 2001 Phazer... so you can imagine the difference, and I just never had the chance to ride a 600 or 800 twin for comparison.

Funny how I felt the same way. I love my SW XTX, other than when I play off trail and jump on my wife's Renegade 850 and play for a while. So had to go through the same process and actually spring ordered an XRS Gade 850. Did not think I would go back to the two stroke after riding the Yamaha 4strokes for as long as I have now. Now I am just debating on whether I keep the SW as a third sled or part ways with it. Only has over five K miles, and another year warranty, but not sure I want to have a sled just setting in the garage.

Funny how I felt the same way. I love my SW XTX, other than when I play off trail and jump on my wife's Renegade 850 and play for a while. So had to go through the same process and actually spring ordered an XRS Gade 850. Did not think I would go back to the two stroke after riding the Yamaha 4strokes for as long as I have now. Now I am just debating on whether I keep the SW as a third sled or part ways with it. Only has over five K miles, and another year warranty, but not sure I want to have a sled just setting in the garage.

Nice. Can I ask why you went the 850 route over the 900? What advantages did you see? I don't know anything about Doo's, but I love that 900T in my Can Am, and after watching TD's tune video on it, I was sold.

Marc, have you been able to put one through the paces? You know some corner-to-corner snaps and some WOT runs?
Yes I've ran a xrs and rev 900t also a 850
I never ran a stock 900t!
The xrs had the 205hp hurricane tune.
The rev had 195 hp hurricane tune
The 850 stock with Cudney clutch setup
The 900t has great throttle response and pulls hard to 100mph I struggled in the corner with both they both had ski lift and would push in the corner but I think proper ski/carbides and suspension set would cure this! They do feel lighter the my 998 but I prefer the 998 I feel way more confident in the corners!!
The 850 I tried did not impress me !! This may sound funny but I found it too light in the corner..lol it would push like crazy and felt very tippy..imo
I found the 850 just revs loud when hammering the throttle and doesn't accelerate enough for me..

My wife's zr6000 (129 track) (purple and green in pic)is a fun sled I think it would be a riot with the 800 motor!I could really make this sled dance corner to corner with the 129 track! Honestly prefer our chassis over a doo but I been riding this chassis since 2014 so I know what to expect in the corners
If I were to buy a 2 stroke it would be our chassis with a 800 motor in it

20200329_131129.jpg
20200329_131405.jpg

Last edited:
The 850 does feel a little tippie, ski lift, in corners when pushed hard. But just as the 08 Nytro handled badly in corners and STOCK, it was a fun sled and needed a little rider impute and adjustment and became a fun riding sled. I feel the same with the 850. I do like the lighter sled of the two, 900T/850. Like I listed earlier I may keep the SW so I can jump back on that for the pull (power) the SW offers. Just know throwing a lighter 2stroke around in deep snow is fun, and as we all know that ride them digging the 4strokes out when you are berried kicks my A** the older I get. :rofl:

Yes I've ran a xrs and rev 900t also a 850
I never ran a stock 900t!
The xrs had the 205hp hurricane tune.
The rev had 195 hp hurricane tune
The 850 stock with Cudney clutch setup
The 900t has great throttle response and pulls hard to 100mph I struggled in the corner with both they both had ski lift and would push in the corner but I think proper ski/carbides and suspension set would cure this! They do feel lighter the my 998 but I prefer the 998 I feel way more confident in the corners!!
The 850 I tried did not impress me !! This may sound funny but I found it too light in the corner..lol it would push like crazy and felt very tippy..imo
I found the 850 just revs loud when hammering the throttle and doesn't accelerate enough for me..

My wife's zr6000 (129 track) (purple and green in pic)is a fun sled I think it would be a riot with the 800 motor!I could really make this sled dance corner to corner with the 129 track! Honestly prefer our chassis over a doo but I been riding this chassis since 2014 so I know what to expect in the corners
If I were to buy a 2 stroke it would be our chassis with a 800 motor in it

View attachment 154510 View attachment 154511

Thanks for the feedback! That's a damn nice set of toys you have there! If you were to put your SW and the 205hp Hurricane XRS side-by-side, how would the XRS hang? What about corner to corner?

Thanks for the feedback! That's a damn nice set of toys you have there! If you were to put your SW and the 205hp Hurricane XRS side-by-side, how would the XRS hang? What about corner to corner?
The doos and blue sw are customers sleds!
My 998 is definitely faster but the xrs with 1.5 track would pull at launch but I would pass him once I got traction! If I got good traction on launch I was gone!!!

The doos and blue sw are customers sleds!
My 998 is definitely faster but the xrs with 1.5 track would pull at launch but I would pass him once I got traction! If I got good traction on launch I was gone!!!

How about the XRS through the twisties compared to the SW? You know forest trails, snapping from turn to turn, weight transfer, getting on the brakes if needed, etc. Thanks!

How about the XRS through the twisties compared to the SW? You know forest trails, snapping from turn to turn, weight transfer, getting on the brakes if needed, etc. Thanks!
I didn't have enough seat time to really push it hard both the ones I rode had stock carbides (the adjustable blades) and dealer suspension set up so they pushed in the corner and felt tippy!
I am so used to the process chassis that it would take a bit seat time before riding it as hard as I do with my 998

My Dad is due for a new machine. He tried the 900T this winter and he didn't like it compared to his SW. He said it didn't handle as nice, and it had heavier steering.

Personally, it I were looking for a sled to sit in the garage next to my SW, it would be a 600 2 stroke with the best shock package available. A 600XRS, 6000R-XC, or a 600XCR.

Back