• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary and Shaft

09nytro

TY 4 Stroke God
So does anybody know if the jack shaft is the same as the nytro or is it the apex ,vector jack shaft ....
Reason I ask is I have a team on my nytro and would like to put it on this viper ....I'm hoping its the same shaft so I can use this kit in it....

Any thoughts on this

I might be able to get some measurements tomorrow if they dont have the panels riveted on. Will at least verify that its a floating secondary unlike Cat. Lots of pics also.

If I remember correctly it is a floating secondary.

I was told they needed to make a new secondary shaft but I am not sure what the diameter is of the shaft.

My jack shaft on my nytro won't work any ways....was out looking at my nytro and it has the brake and rotor mounted to it ...so I guess I will have to get a new team roller for it ....o-well

I bet it will. Yamaha has used same shaft dia and splines (length varies) for 20 years. Why did you put the Team on your Nytro? Improvement?

cannondale27 said:
I bet it will. Yamaha has used same shaft dia and splines (length varies) for 20 years. Why did you put the Team on your Nytro? Improvement?

I thought the Nytro had a different diameter shaft?

The back shift is so good and it is so tunable ...I put them on every sled I have had....

Well I don't think it will go on because in this kit it came with a new jack shaft so the team clutch would fit...
O-well you got to pay to play ...lol....

I have heard nothing but great things about them. Good to know. Have you ever tried a roller on a stock secondary?

09nytro said:
The back shift is so good and it is so tunable ...I put them on every sled I have had....
keep us posted next season if you install one and your setup

thanks

Same engine so I'm hoping my set up now will be very close....
I have heavy hitters with the team in my nytro ...was going to take I all off and put it on the viper ......so yes I will keep you posted.....

O and the clutches run very cool ...can ride it hard all day and still put my hand on the clutches...plus I gear down too

Jackshaft dia is 1.103 in./28.0162 mm or very close to it. Anyone know dia of Nytro and Apex shaft?
The shaft is splined and floating secondary just like Yamaha. On Prototype I got secondary off the bolt in end of shaft was smaller dia and not aluminum like most. Looked like a insert of some type was used in end of shaft for bolt. I didnt get much for pics since it was very busy but I liked what I saw. Cant wait till blue one is in back of my truck!

Attachments

• DSC00363 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00363 (Medium).JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC00364 (Medium).JPG
    DSC00364 (Medium).JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 177

Back