• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary wrap 6-1 vs 6-2 white spring

87gtNOS

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
12 Apex XTX MCX powered
Thoughts on wrapping the white (I am using the newer white-white version) secondary spring to 80 degrees vs. 70 degs?

Using Dalton 52-46 helix and need the wrap for backshift and belt grip.

White spring will coil bind before full shift wrapped that tight, even 3-3 is touch and go.

White spring will coil bind before full shift wrapped that tight, even 3-3 is touch and go.

I have 3mm spacers under the helix...that buys me some space.

So besides the purple EPI spring, where am I getting more side pressure?

I have 3mm spacers under the helix...that buys me some space.

So besides the purple EPI spring, where am I getting more side pressure?
Are you slipping the belt in the higher shift ratios? I’d try less helix angle and some more primary weight the bring the RPM back down before I’d go for a stiffer spring. Less helix angle will back shift faster as well.

6-2 white and this helix works perfect....I have the helix shimmed, approx 2.5mm or 3mm. I don't think the white can bind from compression, but maybe from twist?
Just wondering if I need to get away from the WHITE spring, but Trying to avoid using Dalton Red secondary spring...

i have the white- white 6-1 and you the bender roller with a 42-37 helix with dragon fly weights sled plus hard too 11200 then drops 10800

6-2 white and this helix works perfect....I have the helix shimmed, approx 2.5mm or 3mm. I don't think the white can bind from compression, but maybe from twist?
Just wondering if I need to get away from the WHITE spring, but Trying to avoid using Dalton Red secondary spring...
What’s your issue with the Dalton red?

Attachments

• received_190197858896770.jpeg
    received_190197858896770.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 126
Ah, gotcha. Remember the part about me mentioning less finish angle on the helix? Lol
I forgot we were talking about a turbo sled here, not terribly surprised that red doesn’t cut the mustard. Dalton has some new beefier secondary springs for turbo applications.

I tried the Thunder Products Orange Spring and it works great on both my OEM clutched 2015 Apex XTX, and my fully cluched (Heel Clickers Primary, Advantedge 43-33 helix) '06 Apex with 136 ZX2 rear skid. I've got both wrapped to 3-1 and zero slippage. After a long WOT pull down the lake, both clutches on both sleds are warm to touch, but you can keep your hands on them without them burning which tells me the belt isn't slipping enough to produce the higher heat.

Back