• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SERIOUS PROBLEM!!! HELP!!!

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 sidewinder rtx se
2018 rtx se- took rear suspion out to put cross shaft kit and tunnel saver kit in, I put the shaft back in stock hole mount, when I tried to put rear mount back on it didnt line up with stock tunnel holes. So I moved shaft to the forward hole (which is where travis has his in the cross shaft kit pictures)NOT DOWN. When I did this the rear lined right up but the forks were not tight against the front cross shaft UNTILL I tightened down track. Now when I sit on sled the suspension bottoms out and rests on the blocks! I have torsion springs set to the stiffest setting I'm 250 lbs so I just bought the fox qs3 rear shock off the ac zr 129, I'm thinking of moving shaft back to the stock setting but I dont know how to get the rear to line up ????

Something in the geometry changed when you went to reinstall the skid, check that the rear Shock arm or front arm didnt rotate/pivot 180° forward on you. Likely the rear arm rotated toward on the pivot point and you didnt notice. Which will leave it in a position that had no mechanical leverage advantage to work against the shock and why you are instantly bottoming out.

Put it back in the front hole as it suppose to be and release both torsion springs on each side and it will line right up. You may have to compress the rear shock slightly but it will go in. Once bolts in re hook springs.

Put it back in the front hole as it suppose to be and release both torsion springs on each side and it will line right up. You may have to compress the rear shock slightly but it will go in. Once bolts in re hook springs.
Now we know why they call you mr.sled! Didnt think about removing the torsion springs to re install but that did the trick, I cant believe shifting it 3/4 of an inch forward rendered it inoperable but problem solved, now I have to repeat the whole process when the new shock arrives but I wanted a qs3 to start but was stuck with stock Yamaha shock

Now we know why they call you mr.sled! Didnt think about removing the torsion springs to re install but that did the trick, I cant believe shifting it 3/4 of an inch forward rendered it inoperable but problem solved, now I have to repeat the whole process when the new shock arrives but I wanted a qs3 to start but was stuck with stock Yamaha shock

Your welcome!! I like to help when I can.

Yeah be sure its same as it was originally....I think some guys use a ratchet strap to install easier too....I found that removing rear wheels makes skid easy to get in/out of track....using a lift/hoist on rear bumper allows you to lift/lower rear incrimentally and aids in lining up.

I have a RTX too(129'') so your skid should use same holes as mine...

Pics below,
Dan

Rear skid uses upper holes
img_2853-jpg.141529

Front Cross shaft bolt location(RTX)
img_2878-jpg.142094

Wheels/Axle out easy removal of skid
img_2855-jpg.141531

Yeah be sure its same as it was originally....I think some guys use a ratchet strap to install easier too....I found that removing rear wheels makes skid easy to get in/out of track....using a lift/hoist on rear bumper allows you to lift/lower rear incrimentally and aids in lining up.

I have a RTX too(129'') so your skid should use same holes as mine...

Pics below,
Dan

Rear skid uses upper holes
img_2853-jpg.141529

Front Cross shaft bolt location(RTX)
img_2878-jpg.142094

Wheels/Axle out easy removal of skid
img_2855-jpg.141531

LMAO, way too much work.. my method is way easier but hey whatever turns your crank Dan.

Everything is back together and just like magic my sled has suspension again thanks a ton guys! Found if you losten the track as much as you can and undo spring you get maximum room,The only reason why I had the idea to use front mounting hole was because I looked at travis's (BOP) picture he posted on his tunnel saver post and that's where he had his. Again thanks a ton guys!!

Back