• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Set up for QS3's on my XTX

Wannaviper

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Viper XTX SE; 2019 Sidewinder DX LTX; 2013 Vector LTX; 2014 Viper XTX SE; 2013 SRX 120
I am taking my XTX into the dealer tomorrow to install a set of Fox QS3's for the rear skid. I mail ordered the shocks, and they did not come with any instructions for set up, pre-load, etc. Hopefully the technician who installs them has some experience with shocks!

Does anyone have the QS3's on an XTX, or other long track? Any thoughts on setting pre-load, for the center shock and the rear? With gear I probably weigh about 240

I wanted to report on my first ride on the QS3's. The dealer basically installed them as they came out of the box, so not much thought was given to pre-load. My impression of the ride was that overall, it was much less harsh than the stock Float 3 and center shock. The ride was cut short, only about 70 miles, and most of the trails were smooth, but I did get a chance to ride in some powder, and one section of stutter bumps. The adjustments on the QS3's really work; changing one or both of the shocks to softer or stiffer settings had a noticeable effect on the handling and ride. Overall, I am really looking forward to putting some miles on the sled and getting a feel for the new shocks.

Good to hear, am thinking of making the change also. Might wait till next year now, warming up here now for a week.

Good to hear, am thinking of making the change also. Might wait till next year now, warming up here now for a week.
I have a week of riding coming up, and expect to see varied riding conditions, so I will know a lot better at the end of the week. The only issue I have right now is that I did notice some darting and increased ski pressure on my first outing. If I add more preload to the center shock, that should get it back to normal.

My week of riding got cut short due to a "February thaw", but I managed to get in 700 miles on my XTX with the QS3's, and I don't think that I could be happier! My original thoughts had been that it steered a little harder and was darting more, but I now think that was probably due to the conditions that day. I never got to the stiffest settings to see what they would do, but for average conditions, the middle settings for both shocks were perfect, and the sled handled and rode like a dream. When the trails got beat up, and they really did with warm temperatures, the softest settings on both shocks really made a huge difference in the ride, and I was finally able to smooth up the stutter bumps. The QS3's are the real deal, and I am stilling having trouble believing that one little click on the shock can make such a huge difference in ride and handling!

Back