• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Setting up sidewinder into a race sled!!

Team Yami

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha apex gt
Hey all,

Not sure if I’m posting in the right place since it’s been several years since I’ve been on TY but many of you on here know how to make some fast machines so thought I would try and get some input. I’m currently setting my 18 sidewinder up to be an ice drag sled for 1000’ runs. Currently have TD race map tunes, big fuel pump and regulator, intake, straight pipe, blow off valve, wastegate locker, 3 bar map sensor, 22/37 gearing, 10 tooth drivers, 10” wheels and 144x14 hacksaw speed track. Main thing that I need help figuring out is what everyone has found is the best clutch setup to start with (stock clutches for now), best suspension setup, and would like some opinions on my choice in gearing with the 22/37. ( As I’m not sure it was the right one)

Again thanks guys any input is appreciated!

LOL, your not going to get any serious racer to give you a good ice drag setup on the internet I don't care where you post, but I can tell you you'll need a 1/2" track with hookers, and an ice drag setup. Drag racers don't run 1" tracks unless their on the snow. Only you are going to get all the setup answers you need by testing your #*$&@ off out on the lake with a draggy or timing lights. Test all setups till you're blue in the face and test again. Ice drags are 660 foot too.

The only way to win drag racing is work for it yourself, and if you can't figure it out your self, you'll never win unless you're in the bean field against podunk trail riders.

LOL, your not going to get any serious racer to give you a good ice drag setup on the internet I don't care where you post, but I can tell you you'll need a 1/2" track with hookers, and an ice drag setup. Drag racers don't run 1" tracks unless their on the snow. Only you are going to get all the setup answers you need by testing your #*$&@ off out on the lake with a draggy or timing lights. Test all setups till you're blue in the face and test again. Ice drags are 660 foot too.

The only way to win drag racing is work for it yourself, and if you can't figure it out your self, you'll never win unless you're in the bean field against podunk trail riders.
Dead on 100%

You can buy a full race sled from Hypersports set up for 1000 ft. Better than what you have with the bolt on speed.

Hey all,

Not sure if I’m posting in the right place since it’s been several years since I’ve been on TY but many of you on here know how to make some fast machines so thought I would try and get some input. I’m currently setting my 18 sidewinder up to be an ice drag sled for 1000’ runs. Currently have TD race map tunes, big fuel pump and regulator, intake, straight pipe, blow off valve, wastegate locker, 3 bar map sensor, 22/37 gearing, 10 tooth drivers, 10” wheels and 144x14 hacksaw speed track. Main thing that I need help figuring out is what everyone has found is the best clutch setup to start with (stock clutches for now), best suspension setup, and would like some opinions on my choice in gearing with the 22/37. ( As I’m not sure it was the right one)

Again thanks guys any input is appreciated!
How fast do you want to go?
I believe hypersports sled went 146 in 1000 ft with stock turbo
If it was me I’d go link ecu and tune myself and build that way. Tuned on lake will be better than can tune
Drag race 1.91- 1.80 will work
Speed run is different obviously

Last edited:
D&D Performance in upstate NY will build you anything, I saw some sleds there, sidewinders, polaris boost, etc they have setup from mild to wild, look them up, you can purchase there parts and build yourself, good customer service

Performance only sleds any make. New owners

Back