• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Share your FAVORITE riding accessories!

1.) Collet Com.
2.) R.U. Outside Under Armor. Worth every penny!
3.) HMK Backpack w/ hydration system.
4.) GPS, new for this year but I'm pretty sure it would be on the list.
5.) Silver Star bulbs, much better than stockers.

I carry a few items like...

#1 Isopropelyne
#2 Spare idler in nose bag
#3 spare Speedo bearing after seeing 1 guy stranded in middle of NOWHERE!!!
#4 Cell phone
#5 GPS
#6 Few tools,Zip ties,electrical tape,fuses and fix ALL "DUCT TAPE" LOL in NOSE bag

The NOSE bag will hold a lot of stuff that you don't need to access to often I realy like it!

One of my buddies went riding with an ipod on an armband. Said it lasted about 10 minutes then it crapped out-permanently.

My cell phone died after I had it in an outside pocket of my jacket and did a bit of watercrossing. The phone really wasn't wet, but it was super cold. Electronics don't like cold.

for me
1) TekVest. Never ride without it. If you wear a seatbelt in a car, why don't you wear a tekvest on a sled? Don't let the "I'm a careful rider" fool you, is everyone else careful as well?
2)Cellphone
3)handheld GPS unit. Nothing fancy, a Garmin e-trex. Tells you how fast that lake rip was, and remembers your track if you get lost and need to backtrack.
4)Icebug boots. They're hard to find and a bit pricey, but they're the best boots I've ever owned, hands down. Super comfortable, and super warm. Never gotten cold feet, even in -20 riding.
5)Yamaha snowmobile. Can't Yamahaulass without it.

1. No Fog Mask (nice and warm)
2. Light sensitive goggles and quick strap
3. Blackberry with GPS
4. ipod
5. Handguards
6. Skis!!!!
7. Ice picks

Before I was trapped with so much dam work that I cant get enough time to ride, I used to go on 5-7 days saddlebag trips in Quebec sometimes alone. Aside from the usual stuff for a saddlebag trip, I always carried a compact but complete tool kit. I found a nylon zippered bag, about 3" x 4" x 10" and loaded into it ONLY the tools needed for the sled. I selected the tools during the annual servicing of the sled, determining which tools were required and then finding the smallest version of each tool. This kit is MUCH better that the stock tool kit and weighs about twice as much. Another good source of a good tool kit is from Cruz tools, they make them for metric motorcycles. I have not had to use it for my sled but have helped plenty of people out on the trails. I included tie wraps, electrical tape, a 6" siphon hose, a nylon tow rope, and a small can of ether starting fluid in the kit. Yes, it might sound like a lot of stuff but it does not take up too much room and is well worth having in an emergency.

I also bring gaunlets. Some may say they look bad or that only old farts use them. Let people say what they want, they do a superb job of keeping your hands and arms warm on those -10 degree mornings. When it is warmer out, you can still use the gauntlets with thinner gloves.

Another very useful item is one of those headband mounted LED flashlights. These are perfect for working on a broken sled at night, much better than someone hoding a flashlight. They are inexpensive and work great!!

I also tie-wrap a spare key in a well hidden spot on the sled.

This year I added the CSS warning light system to my 3 sleds. It is a great safety addition.

Back