• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

shock pressures

swmpr1

Extreme
has any one recharged the shocks on thier phazer fx? im looking to just check and recharge the front and rear shocks on my 07 phazer fx but cant seeme to find anything about what the nitrogen pressures should be. has anyone done this or atleast have an idea where to look. did a quick search here and come up empty
thanks

someone chime in if i'm wrong, but the number i see most often is 300 psi. dootalk has a shock rebuild thread that said 300 and i had a rebuilder in buying nitrogen the other day that was charging to 300 psi.

didnt think i needed to change the oil, its a low milage(2k) sled, and the valving is good for the person that rides it( non agressive younger rider) so i just wanted to check/top off seeing that the sled has a few years on it .

swmpr1 said:
didnt think i needed to change the oil, its a low milage(2k) sled, and the valving is good for the person that rides it( non agressive younger rider) so i just wanted to check/top off seeing that the sled has a few years on it .

If nitrogen is low then the shock need to be fully serviced pretty simple. Topping off nitrogen is a bad thing

Change the oil too, why not. Think of it like an engine, the original "break in" oil gets contaminated pretty quickly. Not that there should have been any debris in the shock, but the rings will break in and dirty up the shock oil. Revalve (especially on a Yamaha tuned shock) never hurts.

Typical Charge for Yamaha Shocks is between 180 and 220 PSI. The IFP depth is kept under one of the pyramids in Egypt. You may be able to determine a close measurement if you disassemble carefully, with the rese it's not such an issue, non-rese different story.

well, thanks for the info, guess they really need to be serviced, and thats above and beyond what I can do, so off they go, thanks.

Back