• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shock Refresh Time

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
This one from a 137” with 2500mi on it. QS3’s center shock is just the standard 1.5 like all our Vipers have. Was definitely time.
21BD15CF-96A5-47C0-B729-2DAC388E185B.jpeg

ewww! not pretty. last time i saw something like that was when i drained an enine with a 20l oil pan and got 20l of oil and 40l of sludge that looked like that in the buckets.

totally worth the money vs having the shock blow out....plus throw in a revalve and its a new love for your ride.

Do you think that is from condensation getting drawn in past a seal?

Just had mine apart after 4000km and oil was still clean and red but a bit of sludge on the piston from sitting, it separated over the summer.

Just had mine apart after 4000km and oil was still clean and red but a bit of sludge on the piston from sitting, it separated over the summer.
Yup and if it seperates even more it will start rusting the shims. And piston if steel. Especially the shocks with shaft down. Like fronts.

That is not uncommon to see that much.... just water making its way past the ice scraper and bearing seal. Some of it my be condensation from rapid temp changes. It was perfect timing on a service!

These are from a shock with way less water in it than the one in first pic. See the black on the set of shims from centershock and also on the piston? That is the first stage of rust. The clean ones are from rear which had no water.
DSC00891.JPG

Back